Dallas White Rock Half Marathon Race Report!

C. Beth Run.

Barefooters
Jul 6, 2010
Woo hoo, I did it--my first half marathon! I did it in Vibrams, and even got a spur-of-the-moment interview about my shoes, from a radio station broadcasting at the race. I wrote a long race report at my blog, and at the risk of being a BW :p , I'm going to direct you there if you'd like the full report.

Dallas White Rock race report

Thanks, jschwab! I was hoping

Thanks, jschwab! I was hoping for below 2:30. But I felt like I gave it my all, and I bet my 2nd half will be faster! :)

If you gave it your all, then

If you gave it your all, then that's that - you can be very proud. Your second will be alot faster anyway, I think. I am hoping for 2:15-2:19 for next year's race but that will take a lot of work.

Beth, good job on the 1/2.

Beth, good job on the 1/2. The first one is always the hardest. At least it seems that way to me. Now that you've done it, the next one won't seem anywhere near as daunting. Again, congrats! :)

Thanks, everyone!! I met my

Thanks, everyone!! I met my goal of FINISHING and was just so happy that my body cooperated and I made it through the finish line running the whole way, tired but not injured! Looking forward to the second half.... :)

Love that concept,

Love that concept, Adam--these long runs just take so much out of me and I've been telling my husband I'm looking forward to the day when that distance isn't a big deal anymore!

Awesome, Beth!  Congrats!

Awesome, Beth! Congrats!

I was so enthused for you as

I was so enthused for you as I read your race report that I let the gratuitous slur on 50 year old gentlemen slide...(I'd put a winky emoticon her if I could figure out how to do it.)

Ha ha, Joseph Tree--ONLY

Ha ha, Joseph Tree--ONLY pervy 50 year old gentlemen who pretend to be thirtysomething moms online. ;)

And to do a wink emoticon, just do this (without the space between) ; ) and it will publish as the emoticon. Nice to be able to help an old man like you. (Joking!!)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test