cracking ankles

Woodsman

Barefooters
Jan 13, 2012
Hello,
My ankles crack and/or click when I run barefoot, or even when I just walk barefoot, especially in the morning when I first get out of bed. It seems to originate when my ankle bones meets my feet at the top of the foot. They have doing this since my early twenties and never really have been an issue. I am just curious as to what causes it and if it could become an issue down the road.

Thanks
Brian

It isn't a problem except sometimes I need to crack them before I head out, if I don't the joint feels kind of stiff and hurts a little after the run. I can also crack my elbows and find myself sometimes doing that while out running by pushing my wrists on my hips. I think it helps me relax a little more. Oh, and don't forget to crack your toes at the start of a race.

my ankles crack but not when i'm walking or running, just when i rotate them a certain way. if there's no pain, then i guess there isn't an issue?

Brian,

often the fascia is very tight and bound up. lots of ankle circles in all directions can alleviate this. before you get out of bed flex and extend ankle several times. some training of ankle strength and spring is useful too w low level box jumps and lateral jumps.

Mark

Hi there I am unsure if you have resolved your problem, but here are some videos that will allow you to self-help your problem.

How To Self-Help Deep Tissue Treatment Of The Subtalar Joint Of The Ankle On The Inside.

Demonstrates A Stretch To Increase The Flexibility Of The Arch Of Your Foot

DR James Stoxen, DC
Team Doctors, President
teamdoctorsblog.com[/media][/SIZE][/SIZE][/media][/B][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test