Confessions of a Barefoot Runner

Not yet.  I invited him last

Not yet. I invited him last night. We'll see.

I would nominate myself for

I would nominate myself for poster child for the "logical imperative" BFTed describes. I read the book and felt the need move in me to run. I started out running purely, if slowly, barefoot before encountering any of the wonderful Blogs, like Ted's or Ken Bob's, or this most illustrious BRS.

Yes Ultras!!!I loved reading

Yes Ultras!!!

I loved reading in Born To Run about the origins of Badwater & Western States 100 & Leadville...I live maybe 2 hours from Leadville, CO so now I don't have any excuses! Someday I'm totally gonna do it...years from now I'm sure though. It's gonna take some training in the mountains :)

Ultras are the next goal for

Ultras are the next goal for me, I tried a 50 km this year, but had to DNF at 48 km due to a pulled groin (a lot of people thought it was the bare feet, and were surprised when they found out what it actually was). I have 3 or 4 - 50 kms planned for next year with a 50 miler thrown in for fun, and hope to onto the 100 milers in 2 to 3 years. And yes the ultras were partly inspired by reading Born To Run, and they just sounded like fun.

Barefoot Mary wrote:...years

Barefoot Mary said:
...years from now I'm sure though. It's gonna take some training in the mountains :)

The air up there makes it tough... I remember when I was in CO Springs for 2 weeks. After 5 years at sea level, I was out of breath after a few flights of stairs. :p

I haven't read Born To Run

I haven't read Born To Run either. All my barefoot instruction was from the origina RW BFR forums and then when BRS opened from this site.

I will agree....BTR turned me

I will agree....BTR turned me on to BFR, but it really wasn't as much about BFR as I thought it would be. I really wanted to run ultras more than kick off my shoes.

Mike wrote:Barefoot Mary

Mike said:
Barefoot Mary said:
...years from now I'm sure though. It's gonna take some training in the mountains :)

The air up there makes it tough... I remember when I was in CO Springs for 2 weeks. After 5 years at sea level, I was out of breath after a few flights of stairs. :p

I know!!! I was training for a marathon when I moved to CO and it knocked me right down to lil bitty runs (combined with barefoot training 1 mile at a time...)

I live at 5,300 feet but that's nothing compard to Leadville. Leadville is at 10,100 feet. Ugh. Makes me tired just thinkin about it :shock:

Mike, if I'm not mistaken

Mike, if I'm not mistaken Leadville is actually the lowest point of the race and the race climbs out of town. The course isn't exactly flat either...

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts