Confession of a barefoot trail runner (video)

My sincere apology for crossposting (the same post at RW) but I know there are some people here who do not go to the other site and just thought they might enjoy it too.

After my 6-week recovery (micro fracture on fibula) I just got back in shape, hit the trails again and shot a short video depicting the beauty of the Pacific Nothwest trail running.

Enjoy :smile:

Confession of a barefoot trail runner

Looks yummy!  And feels much

Looks yummy! And feels much better, I'm sure. ;-)

JosephTree wrote:Wow! I want

JosephTree said:
Wow! I want some of that! How long did it take you to put that together? Thanks or sharing.

I did it in a day. 1 hour of shooting on the trail and about 5 hours of editing (finding a good soundtrack took me a whole hour) :wink:

That is so awesome I want to

That is so awesome I want to go run on a trail right now. Oh wait I live in the city and it's night time. I'll be dreaming about it for sure!!

Dude - sweet!  I spent a

Dude - sweet! I spent a couple months out in those woods thanks to the Army while stationed at Fort Lewis, WA back in the late 1980's. There is indeed some beautiful forest in the Pacific Northwest. I'm from East Tennessee, but stuck in Atlanta for the last 14 years. Fortunately, I'm moving to Fort Bragg, NC this summer where we're I'm looking forward to having several miles of really nice running trails on post as well as around the area in general. Running through the woods is my idea of a good time. There's one trail I've found here (but it's about 30 miles away, so not a quick run whenever I feel like it), but it's overgrown and seldom used, so you tend to get raked by thorns and have to stay ready to leap over whatever has fallen across the trail lately.

Thanks for sharing this beautiful spot and clearly thoroughly enjoyable run.

Nice trails there... Barefoot

Nice trails there... Barefoot trail running rock rock rocks!!

Phil - There are some good barefootable trails around northside of Atlanta! About 30 - 40 miles worth around where I live in Gwinnett county...not how close these are to you... Ft Yargo State park, Harbins Park and Tribble Mill park are where I barefoot trail run mostly.

Just when I thought I

Just when I thought I couldn't get any more obsessed about barefoot running...

Saw this video somewhere else

Saw this video somewhere else here on BRS. I was definitely inspired. Went for my second trail run this past weekend and had a blast! You did a stellar job shooting it AND running at the same time. :)