Concurrent Strength & Endurance Training 2020: Cycle I

Yah, with the deadlifts, farmers, and bodyweight squats, I wouldn't sweat the loaded squats--or maybe add some goblet squats at the end of your bodyweight squats?

I count squats and deadlifts as my ab work, especially when I get over 225 on the squat and start using my lever belt. My abs feel sore the next day. But I should get better about some isolation stuff, like rollouts.

Ah thanks for the goblet squats idea, I have been trying to think of a way to make my warmup morning squats more difficult without performing more reps. Goblet squats are the perfect solution. It was interesting this morning how much 8kg increases the challenge. Strangely I still had some minor discomfort in my lower back even with slightly weighted goblet squats. Which I don't feel at all without weight. I wonder with high reps and low weight over time might eventually limit the pain?

The ab idea was on recommendation of a chiropractor a while back to help with the back pain. His stretching recommendation is working for my ankle and I figure direct ab work won't hurt anything. I'm planning on testing front squats on Sunday to see if they are painful. I was also considering doing lighter and higher reps for now too, develop the form then work on the weight.

I guess this will be the last post on this cycle! We made it a full one in 2020!

Ah thanks for the goblet squats idea, I have been trying to think of a way to make my warmup morning squats more difficult without performing more reps. Goblet squats are the perfect solution. It was interesting this morning how much 8kg increases the challenge. Strangely I still had some minor discomfort in my lower back even with slightly weighted goblet squats. Which I don't feel at all without weight. I wonder with high reps and low weight over time might eventually limit the pain?

The ab idea was on recommendation of a chiropractor a while back to help with the back pain. His stretching recommendation is working for my ankle and I figure direct ab work won't hurt anything. I'm planning on testing front squats on Sunday to see if they are painful. I was also considering doing lighter and higher reps for now too, develop the form then work on the weight.

I guess this will be the last post on this cycle! We made it a full one in 2020!
Yah, well, good luck on the squat experiments. At least you know you can always fall back to bodyweight squats and deadlifts. That's plenty for general fitness, right?

Yah, I should end each workout with some ab rollouts, or the hanging knee-up. I'm not sure if any ab work is necessary, I think it may be mostly diet. I like to tell people that I have six-pack abs too, it's just that the six-pack is insulated in a cooler.

Yah, we both made some progress this cycle, and it's good to have that old dialogue back. The lightheadedness seems to be getting better with more regular exercise. And I think the AM aerobic/PM lifting could be a winner, although I only really got to it towards the end.

I rested Friday in anticipation of moving three bookcases and their books today. Good aerobic conditioning with some light farmer's walk-type postural work as well! More tomorrow, then hopefully onto Cycle I without fail on Monday.

Last edited:
Please share or donate if you can! A testimony from hey future ToeGo’s user

“As someone who loves to bike trust me it's a good idea.

"The part the pedal stimulates, the inner of the big toe, specifically the left big toe, is the beginning of the spleen meridian. People eating too much, too fast, too rich, too late at night, or are too tired (kidney problem starts to affect the spleen,) will have one or both swollen big toes. They might just complain their shoes too tight, but don't know about the inflammed spleen. Hallux Valgus may be because a person has ongoing swollen big toes, and tight shoes."

Totally think that's what I got!!

-Kristi Davies

https://gf.me/u/ycqudt

My name is Troy Edward Lindgaard Hollebeke and I designed, created, and patented the bike pedal of the future. The benefits of using these pedals are too numerous to name please find me on Facebook if you can see the value in this please share the go fund meAnd donate as well help me to change the world.

Attachments

• 2E7B111A-CA47-4443-B5E8-DDEACBD0E56B.jpeg
    2E7B111A-CA47-4443-B5E8-DDEACBD0E56B.jpeg
    66.2 KB · Views: 2
  • C699E1C7-D582-408B-A296-A4D3D03CABAC.jpeg
    C699E1C7-D582-408B-A296-A4D3D03CABAC.jpeg
    249 KB · Views: 2

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members