Colorado Get Together

I wouldn't worry about the bears camping. I've never seen or heard one camping, however there is a bear that visits my house every night. So your chances for an encounter are actually much more likely on my couch haha. Besides the black bears of CO are a bunch of pussies and will run at first fright.

If you hike Grays/Torrey's I'd definitely take up Kelso ridge to Torrey's and then you can take the saddle over to Gray's. You can only run up the bottom part of the hike as the upper half has a lot more scrambling and minor climbing. But it is much more interesting than the main route and much less travelled. If you are comfortable with some easy climbing it's totally worth it. Here is a link with a description. You can also camp for free at the base of the hill just off the parking lot and there is a creek you can wash in.

http://www.14ers.com/routemain.php?route=torr4&peak=Grays+Peak+and+Torreys+Peak

I'll have to keep you updated about accomodations. There are a lot of things that need to come to fruition first so it is still up in the air.

I've spent a ton of time in the mountains of CO but it has all been during the winter. Our strategy is to be the 1st on the Mt, then head to the most extreme/ remote part of the Mt, board there all day and then return to the crowds just before dark. However, this will be my first summer trip and I plan to take the most touristy well traveled paths to the summit, if I am solo. I would be totally open to taking more adventurous routes but just not solo. I might check on 14ers and see if anyone is open to a tag along, once my plans are a bit more finalized.