Coca Cola 5k

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by tenderfoot, Aug 20, 2010.

1. tenderfoot

tenderfoot Barefooters
    1. South Carolina

Hey everyone:

Is there anybarefootersthat will be running the coca cola 5k in Bishopville on 9/18?

2. wanderingoutlaw

wanderingoutlaw Barefooters
    1. South Carolina

How did the race go, tenderfoot?

3. tenderfoot

tenderfoot Barefooters
    1. South Carolina

Everything went well. I ran it 30:01. A little slow, but I blamed it on the 1 mile stretch of an old river rock paved road.

Iran a10K today and everything was fine until mile four, and my foot left foot started to hurt. I changed my stride to compensate, butby mile five I was in intense pain. Hade a DNF and went to the doc to find out that I fractured my second metatarsal. So I will be out for a while, but I hope to do the 5k in Hartsville on Thanksgiving morning.

Now I got to listen to all those that think I am crazy for running barefoot. Live and Learn. I may try to find some minimalist foowear while I am recovering. You have any suggestions?

Tenderfoot

4. Blind Boy

Blind Boy Barefooters
    1. South Carolina
    2. Germany &...
    3. Sweden

A minimalist shoe won't do you any good while recovering. You'll need a surgical boot or at least a really stiff shoe and stay off the foot as much as possible. Trying to run or even walk on it will only make things worse and lengthen the recovery period.

5. tenderfoot

tenderfoot Barefooters
    1. South Carolina

Oh no--I am not going to be running while I am hurt. I may try to find some footwear to begin running in when my foot heals. So any suggestions will be helpful.