City of Trees Marathon

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by happysongbird, May 27, 2014.

1. happysongbird

happysongbird Chapter Presidents
    1. Idaho

Letting you all know that I have officially signed up for the COT marathon http://cityoftreesmarathon.com/?p=1 on October 12, 2014. There is also a half marathon.

My dear hubby has helped me set up a flexible plan to get up to mileage, and this puts my mind at ease. It will be on my blog in a few days.

I have sent the race directors emails 2 different times trying to get an exact map of the course, but have not gotten a response yet. Will look for a phone number next... They have a map of sorts on the website, but it is impossible for me to see exact streets and I would like to test running various sections as part of my training, to know what sort of surfaces I will be facing. Maybe one day, I will be tough enough that it won't matter. :barefoot:

2. paulbeales

paulbeales Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

Good luck with the training Happysongbird!

Will you be adding this as an event to the Idaho Chapter?

happysongbird and Barefoot TJ like this.
  3. happysongbird

1. Idaho

I guess I don't understand what the benefit of that would be beyond telling people I will be there on the chapter page.

4. paulbeales

paulbeales Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

Is there no-one else in the Idaho chapter who might be interested in joining you?

happysongbird likes this.
  5. happysongbird

1. Idaho

At least half of "the chapter" is my family and close friends. :) My daughter and her life long friend are probably going to run the half marathon of the event. If others are interested, wouldn't they just see this thread anyway? Not trying to be difficult. Really trying to understand if it is worth the extra effort.

6. paulbeales

paulbeales Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

LOL. I'll put it on the calendar for you and see if anyone else is interested. Go team Songbird! :)