Christmas Presents

Danjo

Barefooters
Sep 6, 2010
My parents got me some Injinji socks, which I wasn't even expecting! I guess they went to a running store, looking at minimal stuff (they don't actually know the terms or brands, but they understand that I like to wear as little shoe as possible), and they were trying to find some toe socks for me to wear with my huaraches. The people at the running store recommended the Injinji's. When I opened the present with them, I was very pleasantly surprised, and said "Hey, you got the brand I would have told you to get!"

So what running related presents did everyone else get?

I got to run in the snow on

I got to run in the snow on Christmas night. It was beautiful!

I got to run barefoot today

I got to run barefoot today for 4 miles. Yay!

Ha!  Now that's classic! 

Ha! Now that's classic! Jason's book wrapped up and under the tree. I wish we had pictures of you opening it.

My wife got me Luna sandals

My wife got me Luna sandals and fleece tabi socks. I'm all set for winter running now!

Luna.jpg

Best present was spending the day with family.

1. The barefoot book - by

1. The barefoot book - by Daniel Howell

2. paper feet - http://www.paper-feet.com/

Neither for running, but barefoot kind of related. Paper feet are great for a purist. They roll up in your pocket. So you can bust them out for pesky store owners. They are the most minimal product I have found thus far that are also very easy to stash. Daniel Howell I like because he has similar feelings regarding shoes as I do.

You poor thing, er uh, very

You poor thing, er uh, very cute footwear, YOW! (And yes, being with family was the best part.)

HE, I want to get that book. 

HE, I want to get that book. Maybe soon, I will find time to read something other than this site.

I got my lovely suede

I got my lovely suede RunAmocs and tried them out on the trails in Boulder on Christmas day :)

...Santa also brought me the flu, but it's almost all gone now (after many viewings of Die Hard & Gremlins) hah.

We need to have a group

We need to have a group RunAmoc trail run. Since Barefoot Mary lives in Boulder, I vote she hosts it :)

I got a Nathan waistpack for

I got a Nathan waistpack for a water bottle and gu so I don't have to carry my camelback on shorter runs. And sort of running related, a waterproof pack for my ipod so that when I run to the beach (once it warms up a bit) I can jump in the ocean and do some swimming. This is probably going to cause me to be late to work way to often next summer.

season pass to x-dog events,

season pass to x-dog events, so I'll probably be doing most or all of their events in 2011. I will be looking for rides to almost all of them, so if anybody lives in the Portland area, is going to one of these events, and wants some company or gas money for the trip, let me know.

also got a double-walled glass and SEALABLE coffee jar, which will be nice to drink from in the freezing parking lot before all those events.

My husband made me a BFR

My husband made me a BFR shirt...(Sorry the image is so large its from my blog.) It says: Hang 10 heelstrikers! I love it!
Barefoot_Runner_Shirt_Hang10.jpg

My wife got me my first BRS

My wife got me my first BRS technical shirt (should be showing up in the mail this week I hope), a great fleece lined running skull cap and some wind resistant gloves (came in handy today, -35 with the wind chill on my 5km Resolution Run).

Awesome shirt Zap

Awesome shirt Zap

Awesome mother-in-law sent

Awesome mother-in-law sent us a fat check for Christmas and we finally used it - caught a Vitamix 5200 on sale at the local Costco. Wow, I love this thing. I think I've upped my vegetable and fruit consumption by 50% over the last day and a half . . .

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test