Chia and Honey Gu Mix

NotSoDoomedRunner

Barefooters
Apr 27, 2011
So I really like Honey Stingers running "gel" and have benefited from chia seeds before. Has anyone tried mixing these and using as a "gu" or gel of sorts?

I was thinking I could refrigerate some gu and water over nights, then mush up, and mix honey in, then put in a small container on my long runs. Has anyone tried this or anything similar?

That sounds really intriguing. I'm going to have to give that a shot. I remember when I was a kid we had these refillable tubes, sort of like a toothpaste tube with an open end that clips shut, that we'd take camping. We filled them with things like peanut butter or condiments. I'll bet that would be perfect. You could mix the Honey Stingers gel and chia into a paste, keep it in the fridge until you need it and spoon some into a reusable tube to take with you on the run.

I don't remember the name of the tubes we used, but a quick search turned up these that might do the trick:
http://m.rei.com/mt/www.rei.com/product/696007/coghlans-squeeze-tubes-package-of-2

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts