Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
Mystras Running Sandal

http://mystrasrunning.com/home.html

Comments please.

MystrasRunningSandal.png

nice looking, checked out the

nice looking, checked out the website, a bit pricey!! I must say I like the one strap concept!

Well, with a lot of these new

Well, with a lot of these new offerings, a few little birdies chirping in their ears seems to help make change come about. They are new at this, and I don't expect these will be the only model or version they come out with.

I like what they have to say here:

FREE TECHNOLOGY WITH ALL MYSTRAS SANDALS, INCLUDING :
[*]Tarsometatarsal Ligament For fantastic arch support![*]Talocalcaneal Ligament To limit excessive pronation and supination![*]Plantar Calcaneocuboid Ligament Even more arch support! [*]Posterior Talotibial Ligament Supports the ankle over all terrains![*]Three shock absorbing arches Providing amazing elastic shock absorbtion![*]23 Contractile Systems For absorbing high magnitude impact! [*]Achilles Tendon To absorb up to 37 Joules of elastic energy! [/list]
Your foot is an example of engineering perfection. Don't let shoes control how you run.

the adjustable strap is a

the adjustable strap is a nice feature, but the black leather could get too hot and the shoe would likely loosen and not fit properly b/c of stretching. does anyone know how thick the sole is? The heel doesn't look like it has a lift so that's good. Also wondering what kinds of sizing they do, so people with shorter toes/wider feet would be able to get a proper fit?

Cool looking running sandal. 

Cool looking running sandal. Very Roman warrior looking. It would look great with my cape.

BTW, as you probably expected, I already contacted the company for a test pair.

A couple of things they said

A couple of things they said when I talked to them today. The biggest is that they are a UK company, and do not yet distribute to the US. Though that will change if they get enough interest.

The picture that you have up is of the hiking and walking sandal. They actually have a running sandal called "The Endurance". Here's a link: http://mystrasrunning.com/themystrasrunningsandal/mystrasendurancerunningsandal.html

I'm getting a test pair in the mail soon. I will let you folks know how they perform.

These will go great with your

These will go great with your Roman warrior outfit, SP! Somehow, I knew you'd be all over these, Swagman!

MystrasRunningSandal2.jpg