CBS News piece of BFR

Gkikas

Barefooters
Mar 23, 2011
Here's the link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1H67kGXAiQ&feature=fvst

Jim Axelrod of CBS News, even after learning about and seeing and reporting on the compelling evidence about barefoot running, chooses to close his piece the way he does.

Amazing. It's like doing a piece about the growing obesity epidemic in this country and concluding with, "Well, as for myself, I'm not paying attention to any of this baloney, where's my Big Mac?"

I would dis-regard CBS out of

I would dis-regard CBS out of hand due to they are not a reliable source of any news due to their political slant...

TV news ceased being news

TV news ceased being news long ago. It's entertaiment, just as the tabloids have always been.

Fortunatly today we have available REAL sources for news and information with just a couple of clicks.

I believe that even Edward R. Murrow himself would give the BRS a higher credibility rating than current day cable or network news if he were able to.

Oh, that old piece.  Hee.  I

Oh, that old piece. Hee. I thought it was great coverage for the Barefoot Runners Society and the NYC Barefoot Runners group. CBS contacted us (the BRS) wanting to know if we knew of anyone in New York who ran barefoot that they could interview for a piece they were doing on BFR. I'm like yea! I hooked them up with John Durant, and I SPECIFICALLY told the producer that his group was not part of the BRS but that we had a lot of BRS members in his group. You can see DNE Chris (the BRS's New York Chapter President) running up front in the beginning of the video. At the time, we had roughly 1,400 members worldwide; we're now over 3,200. Anyway, they made contact, ran the piece, and I was quite pleased at the huge shout-outs the BRS got on that. I loved what John said when he was interviewed, "The foot has been around for millions of years. It works." Classic!

Thanks, Board.

Thanks, Board.

Great to see DNE Chris.  That

Great to see DNE Chris. That was actually a pretty good presentation, even with the cheap laugh tag at the end.

Chris McD. was in fine form running in scenic Lancaster County, PA. I hope to get to meet him one of these days.

JosephTree wrote:Great to see

JosephTree said:
Great to see DNE Chris. That was actually a pretty good presentation, even with the cheap laugh tag at the end.

Chris McD. was in fine form running in scenic Lancaster County, PA. I hope to get to meet him one of these days.

Come visit the city on September 24th and 25th!

There's a small event then - http://www.nycbarefootrun.com/
wink_smile.gif

Thanks for the reminder,

Thanks for the reminder, Chris. Does the $75 include a beer? (What's Injiji beer?) I might be able to make it up for the Sunday festivities. We'll see.

Joseph