Camino de Santiago Trail

Jaqa

Barefooters
Sep 9, 2015
Moved from Barefoot & Minimalist Running

Hi Guys!
Hope this is in the right section?

Last night I was speaking to my sister who lives in Barcelona now and talking about our coming trip in June to visit her. She wants to hike the Camino de Santiago Trail https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camino_de_Santiago for 30 days and her idea is for us walk it with her for 10 days. She is planning on doing 20km/day.

Now this has never been on my bucket list due to the commercialization of the trail http://francistapon.com/Travels/Spain-Trails/10-Reasons-Why-El-Camino-Santiago-Sucks .

But I was wondering what your thoughts were on running it? Has anybody done it? 20km/day on flat terrain sounds pretty easy even barefooting it. And you have to carry hardly anything. Maybe 5kg max? And I avoid the midday heat.

My girlfriend and my sister get on fantastically and will probably spend the time chatting the hind legs off a donkey and singing accapela. But that brings me to my biggest concern, my girlfriend has no meniscus in her right knee after a labrador jumped into it, and she took serious strain last year when we did a 5 day hike in the Himalayas. I actually carried her pack for the last 3 days and had to endure some serious death stares and tears. (My cousin and I organised that trip and being rugged outdoor South Africans we definitely underestimated the girls' ability to find joy in toughing it out. Its cold- put on another pair of shorts LOL)

She cycles alot but no running and not much walking. How can I persuade her to try barefooting or mimimal walking? Frankly her knees are locked straight when she puts her foot down, in both senses of the word! I reckon I could her walking much easier if she stopped wearing such built up shoes. Any advise will be much appreciated!

#1 Jaqa, Yesterday at 12:11 PM

Reactions: Barefoot TJ

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts