Cameron has the Maps working on the test site!

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
Cameron has been building a test site where he has applied several software updates to the website's core as well as patches to several of the modules we have running on the site that allow us to have so much functionality. He has the maps working again!!!! This means that anytime an address is plugged into a field be it the Race/Trail Review, location of members via their profiles, location of group runs, etc., you will now have a marker on a map that you can click on to get more information about that location or person's profile (only the info that member has chosen to share).

We have two more larger kinks to work out (new one having nothing to do with what Cameron has been doing) and several small ones that have been ongoing for a little while now. I say once the two larger kinks are resolved, we're going public! The smaller problems on the site can be dealt with on a priority basis as time allows.

Woot woot to Cameron!

Hey TJ,  I posted a trail

Hey TJ,

I posted a trail review but it's not showing up on the map. Did I mess something up? Here is the link.

http://www.barefootrunners.org/build2/racetrail-review/mt-misery-mt-joy-trail-valley-forge-national-park

There are a few reviews not

There are a few reviews not showing on the national map, although they do have a marker on a "more" local map, within each review. Something is broken. I will contact Cameron and ask him to check it out. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.