Camelbak 1/4 Turn Reservoir- Need Help ASAP!

Jaqa

Barefooters
Sep 9, 2015
Hi! I overtightened my brand new Camelbak water reservoir, as in I went 3/8 turn. I have managed to move it a bit but it is now properly stuck and I'm scared to break it.

Can someone please send me a close up picture of the thread, so I can see what I am dealing with?

I have tried blowing air in, hot water , ice, lots of elbow grease, using pliers to increase leverage etc. Looks like there is a "lip" of sorts I have to get over.

Thanks in advance!

IMG_1003.jpg

Basically there are four threads that slope downwards slightly with gaps between to accept the notches on the lid.
Sorry for the bad iPod photo, no flash. Hope that helps.

Reactions: Jaqa
Thanks Guys! It is fixed!!! Now just filled it with water and will leave overnight but can't see a problem.

FYI, it was totally over tightened and the flanges had gone beyond the threads and the "thread stops"

DSC_1363.JPG

DSC_1364.JPG

As the pictures above may help to explain, once beyond there was no way to get it back to the thread by turning. But it also meant that the thread was not holding the lid's flanges anymore- it was now just those small indentations. I inserted a small screwdriver directly on top of one of the flanges, and with a bit of delicate and powerfull twisting, and pushing the lid up from the bottom, one flange popped out. Some more twisting and prodding and the lid came free.

No serious damage to the lid just some cosmetic scratches. Now you know!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts