Busted.

In fact, if you go to nudist resorts, you'll see shoes everywhere. It's as if, while so many (not all) free their minds from needing clothing to cover their "privates", they never manage to overcome the idea that shoes are a necessity.

I blogged about it here: http://ahcuah.wordpress.com/2013/02/20/nude-menbut-not-really-nsfw/

That gave me a lot of grief from the nudist community. And if you read the comments there, you will see that many of them made the usual shoddie excuses for needing shoes.
I truly enjoyed reading all of this. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!

LOL! Loved this post!! I have a secret desire to run some of the trails around here stark naked but I totally don't have the guts. Considered stripping while running and stashing my clothes behind a tree just in case I needed my clothes handy. Ha! You have serious RESPECT in my book, man.

Why not run naked with a backpack carrying your clothes...just in case you need them in a hurry? :asshat: Oh, and you can wear a sack over your head, so no one will know who you are! Ha! :bag: Would that still be considered nudity, Ahcuah?! Ha!

LOL! Loved this post!! I have a secret desire to run some of the trails around here stark naked but I totally don't have the guts. Considered stripping while running and stashing my clothes behind a tree just in case I needed my clothes handy. Ha! You have serious RESPECT in my book, man.
It's not a secret anymore.

Why not run naked with a backpack carrying your clothes...just in case you need them in a hurry? :asshat: Oh, and you can wear a sack over your head, so no one will know who you are! Ha! :bag: Would that still be considered nudity, Ahcuah?! Ha!

As Grand High Poobah of All Things Nude, I hereby proclaim that if you are wearing a sack over your head, then you are not nude. For a backpack, I don't know. When I've hiked nude, I have carried a ditty bag in my hand.

Back to the sack--they won't know who you are unless arrested. Then they'll know.

However, if you were to run by somebody on a trail completely nude, I suspect they'd be more shocked by the bare feet! :D

HA! :hilarious:

The responses to your blog are interesting. Kind of surprises me that they are such a divisive group. I thought they were more accepting. Having watched the movement from the outside (i.e. never been to a nude beach or resort, etc), I see the following: Modern nudists seem to be way different from those of the 1920s and 30s. Those early nudists were all about body, soul and a healthy lifestyle. Body acceptance meant accepting one's own and other's imperfections. To use an over-used phrase, they took holistic approach to health and life. Now it seems that (body) acceptance means "I accept that you are fat and unhealthy and have no intention of doing anything about it because I am too. But hey, we're naked! Please hand me my diabetes medicine and a doughnut." From what I understand, the modern movement is aging with few young people joining in. It's quite possible that it will collapse under its own weight (pun intended).

It doesn't matter how early I go out, I encounter traffic (I cross several major roads on my path) and dog walkers (i.e., folks taking their dogs to "do their business" along the path who also leave "the business" there), cyclists, and even a roller blader (always dressed in dark clothing). It would be nice to run "au natural" on these beautiful summer mornings.

I am a little surprised that there are not more clothing optional types embracing barefoot running and vice versa. It seems that some of the underlying philosophy applies to both.

Oh trust me, I have been compiling a demographic of the average person who runs barefoot and nudist/closest nudist/going-to-try-to-be-a-nudist-before-I-die are in EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU!!!

Reactions: jldeleon
Reactions: inakilt
Longboard, Turtle Lakes's about a 5 hour drive for me - I'd be willing to give it a shot next year if we could get a group of barefooters together. Sounds like fun! (No photos, but if we get a group we at least have witnesses!)

Photos -or it didn't happen. :D Rather...Photos! Or I'm not a verbal dirty old woman! ;)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test