Bunion & Caluses

campodma

Barefooters
Oct 27, 2010
Ok, I've been at this for 2 months using minimalist shoes with some breaks barefoot. On one foot I have a bunion and on the underside It's been building up a nice callus. Now It's gotten thick enough that it is now becoming uncomfortable running barefoot. Should I shave it? The other catch is that the bunion bone protrudes enough that it's supper sensitive when running over course/rough asphalt/pavement. Will I just have to be patient or just stay with the minimalist shoes? The Plus side after all of this is that my shin splints have completely disappeared since going barefoot.

How did you first develop

How did you first develop this bunion? Could the VFFs be further preventing you from being able to run comfortably barefoot, meaning are they confining your feet, so that when you do run barefoot, it is more difficult. How many miles are you running MR and BFR and how often?

If the callus is bothering you, you could use a pediegg or something similar to wear it down, but it's very possible that running barefoot will basically do the same thing.

Welcome, Camp! Hope you get all this resolved.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7