Bruised Abductor Hallucis?

be1t0n

Barefooters
Sep 9, 2013
Manchester, UK
I'm currently training for my first marathon next month. I'm actually on holiday at the moment but have been sticking to my training.

Last week I slipped on a wet rock in a river and slid down the edge of it. At the time it hurt momentarily. The following day I ran for around 2 hrs. Towards the end of the run I felt a warm, dull pain just behind the ball of my foot behind my big toe. It's along the side of the foot rather than underneath so I suspect it's bruising to the abductor hallucis muscle rather than anything else.

I was wondering whether there was any advice for speeding up the healing of this as race day is rapidly approaching. Is it just a case of RICE?

Sure ,you can ice but you may be better off if you have a massage therapist work on the calf. While I am aware of the history, I also from experience know that the muscle in the posterior compartment including the flexor hallicus can often cause these issues, especially when they occur in the ball of your foot.

I hope that helps

Reactions: Sid
how is it going now? rice can calm things down but we know little on how it can speed recovery. if the injury was soft tissue you should be feeling better now. any pain in the foot you must consider bone as etiology and take caution. Mark

Reactions: dutchie53 and Sid

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts