BRS Site Versus Facebook Page

What about a tshirt

What about a tshirt designing contest? Using the BRS logo and any other funny sayings pictures ect..... The winner and any other really good ones could be posted in the zazzle store. Plus then people will want to buy them so thats more money and if they are entertaining enough we'll wear them out and about more so more free advertising.

I think that's an incredible

I think that's an incredible idea!!!! Would you be able to head this up? Start a thread here at the BRS and on our Facebook pages; there are several BRS Facebook pages now representing different countries and different U.S. states. If you cannot take this on, no problem. I will understand. But we will have to move this to a future date. It's a superb idea, and something that could be done without cost to the BRS, so thanks for that great idea.

Yeah I can work on threads

Yeah I can work on threads for this and the facebook page. I'll probably have to bug whoever is in charge of the zazzle store stuff (Zumba I think?) at some point but guessing that isn't a problem :). I should be able to post something in a few hours after I finish up work.

Let's make sure

Let's make sure Zum (barefoot.zumba....) wants to help you with that part of it, and see if Zap (zapmamak) would be willing to work on the submitted artwork, first before publicizing this. Could you pleas PM them through their profiles? Now I am excited! This will be soooooo cool! Thanks for stepping up.

Thanks again.

Thanks again.

I'd be willing to help out.

I'd be willing to help out. Just let me know what you would need me to do. I can prepare final files for Tshirt printing if need be or whatever. Keep me posted. :)

Thanks, Zap!

Thanks, Zap!

Thanks Zap- so I did pm you,

Thanks Zap- so I did pm you, I'm wondering if something didn't go through. Oh well all I said was pretty much what you could read here. Thanks for being willing to help out with the final files :)

I'm sorry I didn't bring this

I'm sorry I didn't bring this up before. My oh so bad. We have one contest going to go ahead of this one, I think. Miker is working on a separate Zensah contest. I don't think either of these contests are time-senstive, so it doesn't matter to me which one goes first. Miker was working on his first though, but we can let him decide which one goes first. We just don't want them going on at the same time, that's for sure. Miker? Thoughts please?

ok just let me know whenever.

:) ok just let me know whenever. I'm fine with having alittle more time to work out details. I won't post anything till I hear back.

Hey all, I think I would like

Hey all, I think I would like to go ahead and roll out the Zensah contest first. I'll be posting more info on that tomorrow. But I am excited about the T-shirt contest. As soon as I get the Zensah contest started, we can work out the promotion details for this one.

'Cause things are about to really start rockin' @ the BRS!!

Keep the ideas coming everybody!! :)

Just wanted to post a couple

Just wanted to post a couple more suggestions:
[*]Enable invites again. I'm not sure how many others get this, but when I click the Invite link, I get this message: "Sorry, you've reached the maximum number of invitations." I started getting it quite a while back, but figured maybe it was still tied to the contest. If we're looking to grow membership, limiting of 'official' invites is sending the wrong message.[*]Create a small 'Join BRS' link/image that we can associate with our member account for tracking purposes. This would let us post in various places, web sites, blogs, facebook, etc. and get 'credit' for the click throughs. (Might make a nice contest, too.) This would be similar to the 'Get Firefox' campaign from a while back. Perhaps we could even have a 'joinbrs.org' domain that forwards to the BRS signup page.
That's it for now.

Tim

Tim, Thanks for the ideas! I

Tim, Thanks for the ideas! I think the "official" invites closed down because we went public and anyone could join (at anytime). Since I am in no way, shape or form a programmer, I'll have to check w/TJ on the other button click thing. Damn, I'm 49 and obsolete. :- But thanks again for the ideas, I appreciate the input. Cheers! :)

Glad to help!  Age is

Glad to help! Age is irrelevant; I'm 46. ;)

I knew the site was open publicly, but didn't know invites had been disabled as there is still the 'Invite a friend' link in my user box at the top of the right column.

For the 'Join BRS' idea, the first thing might be just to grab the joinbrs.org domain name and forward it. It's short, catchy, and easy to share. The next step might be to have official join BRS images we can use that are sized for different usages like wide banner, right column, small and large rectangles, etc. Once those are available, we can display and link them even without getting credit for the click-through. Some time after that, BRS site programming would need to be done to let us link to either JoinBRS or the signup page here and pass our member/user id number or some other number for tracking the click-through. Any contest related to that could be just for a time period and be separate from any total click/join count.

Tim

Edit: I should mention, the idea with the new images is the combination of the action verb, join. Sure, there's something there just seeing the BRS logo, but now viewers are told to do something about it.

Cameron enabled something

Cameron enabled something like 50 invites for each member a while back. Have you really invited 50 people to join the BRS, Tim? The Invite a Friend option is still available because, you can still invite people to join. And the site does track invitees back to those who invited them.

As for the other ideas, we appreciate your input and may call upon you for help in the future, but right now, we are not set up to incur anymore overhead right now, meaning I am taxed as it is. Do you know Drupal or PHP, by chance?

Barefoot TJ wrote:As for the

Barefoot TJ said:
As for the other ideas, we appreciate your input and may call upon you for help in the future, but right now, we are not set up to incur anymore overhead right now, meaning I am taxed as it is. Do you know Drupal or PHP, by chance?

Since I couldn't sleep and you didn't have time for the second idea, I went ahead and implemented it, primarily just to save the domain name. I hope you don't mind. There is a new, shorter domain for joining: http://joinbrs.org/ This just redirects to the registration tab, though if you are already logged in, you will get an Access Denied error; if you're logged in, you obviously don't need to register.

I picked a couple of images and modified them to create some sample join images. These are at http://joinbrs.org/images/ I wasn't sure what font was used for the logo, so I just picked something fairly close for the last two, Monotype Corsiva. If you would rather these not be available, just say so and I will remove them. If you have the time and want to take over the domain, just let me know when and how to transfer it. In the meantime, I can try to use it to help redirect traffic to the main site.

Tim