BRS Site Versus Facebook Page

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
Hi All,

I was just noticing that we have 1,950 BRS Facebook fans and 1,855 BRS members. That means that not everyone who is a BRS Facebook fan is also a member. I would like to see those numbers grow of course, but balanced at least. How can we create a contest to bring these numbers up, on both the site and the page? Any ideas? Just throwing it out there, since I'm just about out of brain cells.

TJ

Since there appears to be

Since there appears to be some way of keeping track of invites based on the "top inviters" list at the bottom you could have a contest to see who can invite the most people. I'm willing to bet lots of us would donate a buck or two in order to buy a singlet or tshirt or something of that sort from the zazzle store to give out. If you only run it for here it'll probably convince some of the facebook members to come join the BRS page in order to participate. You could probably do the same for facebook but I don't know whether they have a way to keep track of who invites others there or not. I know the apps do but I'm not sure about groups.

edited to say: as far as the donation thing go I meant not as like an "entrance fee" but like a here I'm donating a dollar to help you run this contest type thing.

Thank you, AJB!  Those are

Thank you, AJB! Those are great ideas. We already owe the top inviters (not sure how many Cameron promised - 2, 3, 5, - I'll have to dig) tee shirts, so I'm just waiting for our bank account to grow so we can honor our promise. I suggested people donate a dollar for a tee shirt giveaway once before... So, how would you like to head this little contest up? I'll help you however, but you take the lead? We're all about community here, so don't worry if you can't do it, someone else will step up. Not a problem either way. I should have put that in my original post, that I need help with someone doing this.

I wouldn't mind helping out,

I wouldn't mind helping out, so long as you are ok with being asked questions quite a bit since I don't really know much about organizing internet things.

But if you've already done the top inviter contest then perhaps it would be better to do something else? I'll think on it some more and maybe someone else has a great idea. That was just the first and easiest thing I could think of to raise numbers.

And it was a good one, a very

And it was a good one, a very good idea. Thanks, AJB!

Someone here could always

Someone here could always write an NY times bestseller about barefoot running (like Born to Run :) )

You could pay my salary for the next year and I would make a documentary about barefoot running that points to the BRS at the end. Or find some college kids who will work for free and make them do it.

Get some volunteers to start advertising at race expos. You could have mini-bfr seminars and other cool things.

We could become more political and run in body paint barefoot around the Nike campus.

Maybe we could collectively design and market a inexpensive minimalist running shoe called the BRS, haha. We could offer product support like "you have a pain in the top of your foot, man up and quit being a little b#$@h"

The BRS could sponsor and crew someone to run badwater barefoot. I have come up with a way to do it, and I'll sell you the idea for $5.

please ignore the potty humour...some of the ideas might have merit.

Some of that takes capital,

Some of that takes capital, and we have none.

I hear Danjo's willing to give Badwater a try.

I always thought it would be cool to have a film crew follow a bunch of barefoot runners around, sorta like a reality TV show. That would be cool.

Barefoot TJ wrote:I always

Barefoot TJ said:
I always thought it would be cool to have a film crew follow a bunch of barefoot runners around, sorta like a reality TV show. That would be cool.

This would quickly turn into a show about beers of America.

Is it possible that there

Is it possible that there aren't more than 2,000 barefoot runners out there? From what I've seen out in the world, there aren't a lot of us.

I think until there is a famous barefoot athlete or celebrity that people want to emulate, our numbers may stay low.

We have some colorful

We have some colorful real-life characters already, such as Ted, Ken Bob, Jason, Sweeney... This guys could make a really cool reality show. We could like rent a loft in New York and have them all move in together and be forced to live with each other for two months while video cameras follow them everywhere and watch everything they do... I think that would be neat. I would watch it. I mean if people are going to watch Jersey Shore, they'll surely watch some crazy shoeless runners.

What would you guys call this reality show, if you could name it?

The Hobbits. How about

The Hobbits.

How about adding a forum for barefoot triatheletes? We could probably add some numbers by getting some of the triathelete crowd.

The Hobbits.  I like it!  The

The Hobbits. I like it! The Trolls. Or better yet, Trolling Barefoot.

That is an outstanding idea, Abide. Stand-by. (Oh, give me a description to put in the forum's description field.)

Silly?  Anyone?  What would

Silly? Anyone? What would be a good description for this new forum. I await your responses.

Wouldn't the main forum be Ok

Wouldn't the main forum be Ok for a triathlete? They're abviously going to be barefoot for swimming, they'll not be barefoot while cycling (I don't think) and this is already a running barefoot forum. Just my opinion, if we don't want to separate info for barefoot and minimal, adding a tri forum really won't accomplish anything.

Hmmmm. I would consider those

Hmmmm. I would consider those that drink beer and run barefoot biathletes. But there's already have a forum for that. [grinning]

If it's about adding numbers,

If it's about adding numbers, best thing to do would be to spread the word that there is a lot of minimal running info here, people who don't want to run barefoot but are interested in minimal may bypass this site thinking it's only for barefoot runners.

We do that already, Ram.  In

We do that already, Ram. In every thing I write, every communication from the BRS, we stress that we are a barefoot AND minimalist running club. Again, the draw comes from the word "barefoot," regardless if the runner's are minimal or barefoot.

My good friend, Ram, I respectfully disagree with you about the Tri Forum. I think it's a very good idea. There are all types of ("hybrid" to use your word) triathletes. Some prefer to ride TRS, ride minimal, and/or ride barefoot. Some prefer to run TRS, run minimal, and/or barefoot. It's all good, and since it is, I am going to rename said new forum to Barefoot & Minimalist Triathletes.

Let's just try this as an experiment. It surely couldn't hurt.

barefoot ramzev wrote:

barefoot ramzev said:
Wouldn't the main forum be Ok for a triathlete? They're abviously going to be barefoot for swimming, they'll not be barefoot while cycling (I don't think) and this is already a running barefoot forum. Just my opinion, if we don't want to separate info for barefoot and minimal, adding a tri forum really won't accomplish anything.

Check out my blog, I have an post about how to make inexpensive barefoot swimming shoes. I'm working on the barefoot biking shoes.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts