BRS mentioned in RW...

Piggyback RidePlease

Barefooters
Nov 13, 2010
The "April" edition of the UK Runners World magazine has an article on minimal shoes and mentions the BRS too.

The article content is mixed and has comments from both sides of the fence.

I didn't see the article on the .co.uk site (but didn't look very hard).

Clearly there is a big shift in attitude going on (although it sounds like it may only hit about 4% this year... but that's a doubling of minimalist interest, not sure about BF).

Sorry I don't have a link to post for you.

Is the article titled Running

Is the article titled Running Reinvented? If so, that's the article we are expecting to see a shout out in. Is that also in hard copy print?

It starts with the words

It starts with the words "Fuelled by the barefoot-running craze, a new crop of 'minimalist' shoes has emerged, sparking a debate over what we should wear on our feet - and how the running shoe of the future will look"

The article is called "Is Less More?". Page 90, BRS mentioned P92. In the "April" edition that's out now (Feb!).

Hope RW UK don't mind me quoting that... :innocent:

Oh, I see.  That's last

Oh, I see. That's last year's article. Are you sure you have the date right? That's an old article. Check out our Press link at the bottom. You'll see it listed there from a while back. Thanks though.

Well then they are reprinting

Well then they are reprinting the article from the US RW to the UK RW. It's all good.

I checked the press release

I checked the press release links on the BRS site and I can not see any UK Runners World links. I don't know if the UK Runners World is the same outfit as the USA magazine.

Also, the USA Runners World link at the bottom of the BRS site takes you to the URL landing page rather than a link to the actual (different) article (or at least it did for me).

I have had a couple of :beer: and could easily miss a link at the best of times...

If there is still confusion I expect the UK RW can tell you more ( http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/contact.asp?sp=&v=6 ). The article say "Words: Bob Parks" but they interview and quote quite a few people (so not just "Bobs" words!).

Let me know if that does not clear things up.

I believe it is the same

I believe it is the same company, just different divisions.

I can access the UK link just fine here, and it does come up in the search engines, but I have to type Runner's World UK first.

There are two links in those lines: one takes you to the home page of RW; the other one takes you to the actual article, but you have to click on the article's name, in orange. Please try again when you're sober. ;-)

I actually correspondend with Bob Parks, and yes, although there are other contributors to that article, it's considered his work.

I was already clear, Pig, but thanks.

OK, here is the USA Runner's

OK, here is the USA Runner's World article from November 2010:

http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-240-400--13691-1-1X2X3X4X5X6X7X8-9,00.html

I could not find a link to the UK Runner's World article, I guess that will come once the printed magazine is deemed to be out of date.

The UK one has been reworked a little but it is basically the same thing (but does give the BRS URL). I guess it helps to spread the word and ideas on this side of the pond with a few less strange looks necessary. I've not noticed a drop in the strange looks yet! :wink:

Confusion cleared up!

If you ever learn of the RW

If you ever learn of the RW UK link, please share it with me, so I can post it under our Press section. Thanks, Pig!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test