Brooks new Flex-groove "minimal" shoe thingy....makes me giggle!

Barefoot Mary

Barefooters
Jul 27, 2010
Denver, CO
I love how some companies are trying to get on the minimalist bandwagon and failing completely. Not really surprised, since Brooks is the maker of THE BEAST, the most motion-controlled shoe on the market. But their logic is very...strange:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wNE8j6vvkU&feature=player_embedded

So, apparently if your big toe is more "activated" it makes you run better. As a barefoot runner who cherishes every pinkie-toe-side footfall as a blessing from nature, I do wonder if they've taken the landing of the foot into account at all!

I'll put this shoe up there with the Addidas and Saucony "minimalist" failings...just light shoes for heel-strikers.

Any thoughts? Just thought I was interesting...

These shoe companies never

These shoe companies never went with science or fact when creating their foot coffins in the past, so it's no surprise they still just keep tossing straws in the air.

The problem with tossing

The problem with tossing straws is that some of them have pointy ends and they stick. The ones that stick do nothing but injure runner after runner. WHY OH WHY shoe companies. OH the humanity. At some point, they'll be stating that we need to shoe ourselves like we shoe horses (which by the way and unsurprisingly, is bad for them). I can't wait to see the blinged out metal shoes that people will be clomping up and down the streets with.

oooo!!!  I want robot feet!

oooo!!! I want robot feet! :bigsmile:

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts