Reviewed By: mokaman

picture-62.jpg

Date Reviewed: 05/15/2010
Review Type: Race
Barefoot Friendliness: 3 Average

Cravenridge Dr
Atlanta, GA
See map: Google Maps

My son and I had nice run at this race with barefooters April and Cameron, it is a low key event but still had 800 - 900 runners. My teenage son ran in Vibrams for the first 2 miles then barefoot the last bit.

Cameron (co-founder of BRS) was able to get on the microphone with the MC before the race and give a good plug for barefooting and BRS to the crowd. I saw one runner in Vibrams before the race, no other barefooters outside of our little group.

This race course was good decent pavement with a few rolling hills, we set out at a modest pace and held that thru out and still passed more than a few shod runners. Had runners here and there interested and asking questions about barefooting with really not much if any negative reactions. We all did a good sprint to the finish with the nice crowd cheering for us barefooters too! Finish time around 31 minutes or so estimated as this was a non chip timed race.

Definitely will consider doing this one again next year...a good low key race in middle of Atlanta metro area.