British Motor Car Day in Roswell on 5/11...

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by khyricat, Apr 22, 2013.

1. khyricat

khyricat Barefooters
    1. Georgia
    2. Michigan
    3. Ohio

any suggestions of a running route in the area? I might be able to talk mom and DH into leaving late enough that I can run first, but if not- dad has to be there by 7, I'll need to run while there.. so looking for ideas besides random city streets in a strange neighborhood (I run a loop mom suggested from their house on N Peachtree in Atlanta normally while visiting unless we go to a park or something- we'll be in town Thurs-Sun, and I will run on Hilton Head Thurs AM, but Sunday we'll be driving back north so I will need to get a run in on Saturday even if I do get one in Friday too). Anything from 1-5 miles would probably be good that day... I am not training for a particular race right now, just running for pleasure. We will literally be there ALL day... potluck lunch for the car club, but dad is organizing committee for the event.

Amie from MI who is making her annual venture south.

2. briarpatch

briarpatch Barefooters
    1. Georgia

3. mokaman

mokaman Chapter Presidents
    1. Georgia

Big creek Greenway is a very nice place to run, it starts at the northern edge of Roswell where it borders Alpharetta and goes for many miles...the closest part for you would be to start at Big Creek park in Roswell. Its nice smooth concrete or pavement with no hills and trees line most of it...one of the best places on the north side of Atlanta.

4. khyricat

khyricat Barefooters
    1. Georgia
    2. Michigan
    3. Ohio

thanks guys.. 2 things to look into getting to from the show.. makes a lot more sense then running randomly through streets!

5. bogrist

bogrist Barefooters
    1. Georgia

Amie,

I run the Alpharetta Greenway every weekday around 5 or 6. My office backs up to the trail and it is really a great place to run. Please send me a message if you would like to join me and my barefoot co-worker as we would love to have you and we can give you a few restaurant recommendations in Roswell as well.

Cheers,

Bo

6. mokaman

mokaman Chapter Presidents
    1. Georgia

Amie,

Bo and I are referring to the same place...I think the full name is the Alpharetta Big Creek Greenway.

7. barefoot_n_ga

barefoot_n_ga Barefooters
    1. Georgia
    2. Florida -...

Hey Bo. What time do you run? I work in John's Creek and get off work at 5. I'm not sure how long it would take me to get to your area with traffic.

Gerry

8. bogrist

bogrist Barefooters
    1. Georgia

I run every weekday on the trail sometime between 5 and 6 my typical run is 3-4.5 miles. I do one longer run a week but usually on the weekend. If work or the weather dictates I run at Noon instead, but 90% of the time it is in the evening.

My office is just south of Haynes Bridge and there is tons of free, safe parking right on the trail:

http://www.alpharetta.ga.us/files/docs/pdfs/Greenway_map2.pdf

A coworker runs with me frequently and the Greenway users are now habituated toward seeing the barefoot guys.