SEE MY UPDATED POST BELOW (With Pictures): Boston Success!

Boston Success!
By The Ramzev

Hi friends! I did what I never thought I’d have the chance to do, I ran Boston Marathon barefoot! It was a cool, overcast day with an occasional light rain so the conditions were perfecto for a 26.2 mile jaunt through the countryside!
My longest training run was just over 15 miles so I was definitely in unchartered territory. But I felt good almost the entire race, my walking breaks got a bit longer miles 16-20 but I was trying to conserve energy for the hills after mile 20. Once I was past Heartbreak and I only had about a 5k left, that was probably one of the best feelings I’ve ever had. I was hoping for less than 5.5 hours, I got 4:52.

I’m honestly only able to post this because of the people here. Though I’m not around much any more, this is my base, my people. We all grew up learning barefoot together starting over 14 years ago. This race is for all you crazy effers out there grinding the barefoot miles! Cheers to you and thanks for this village!
30766802f22336537aac29762ee4b620.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e4890ce742e4bbe6821bdc2cfba64460.jpg

Wow! That’s a nice medal! I’m extremely proud of you. Got a big smile on my face from reading your report.

You will always be part of our barefoot family here, Ram!

Congrats! Will share this on the home page.

I see you've been making the news! Thanks for the shout-out! Ha!

Milford man runs Boston Marathon
Milford LIVE!
They eventually launched the Barefoot Runners Society, a global community at TheBarefootRunners.org a few years later. He explained there has been ...

David Vezmar.jpg

DAVE VEZMAR FINISHES THE BOSTON MARATHON AFTER RUNNING THE ENTIRE RACE BAREFOOT

David Vezmar2.jpg

VEZMAR HIGH-FIVING THE CROWD DURING THE RACE

David Vezmar3.jpg

VEZMAR GIVES A THUMBS UP AS HE RUNS THE BOSTON MARATHON

A local TV station wants to interview me this week. I’m getting my 15 minutes!

A local TV station wants to interview me this week. I’m getting my 15 minutes!

Noice! So the kids say. You mean 15 minutes more! I see you high-fiving everyone like the true celebrity we all know you are. I'm sure you will name-drop the BRS again. ;) :barefoot:

Reactions: stjohnthegambler

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts