Born without lactic acid

Barefoot Gentile

Barefooters
Apr 5, 2010
Fairfield, CT
It was my youngest son baptism over the weekend, so it was a family packed event. I was talking to a family member who goes to college at Penn State, she knows a student there who was born without lactic acid, or doesn't experience lactic acid build-up. The only thing he does besides doing his studies is run. His muscles never experience fatique, he was denied to try out for the olmpic running team because of his condition.

She told me every weekend he goes to meetup with a running group in the next town, instead of driving he will run for 3 hours, meet with running group and run with them, then runs home for another 3 hours feeling great. He just ran a 50 miler without stopping once, and did a 100 miler only stopping twice, to go to the bathroom.

The downside to this is his body is taking a beating, he is only 21 years old. He had to have his menisucs removed from one knee, I think he has no cartilege in the other knee. Doctors advised him to stop running, or just stop with these extreme long distances. He doesn't listen and continues to run. Pretty amazing.

This is the same reason Dean

This is the same reason Dean Karnazes can run so far.

Tell him to run barefoot,

Tell him to run barefoot, especially since his knees are shot. You never know, he may be able to continue running into old age.

On the show Superhumans, they

On the show Superhumans, they tested Dean Karnazes and he does produce lactic acid, but his body was able to flush it out of his muscles without it building up. Not quite the same as not being born with out lactic acid, but close to the same results.

Sounds like a dream come

Sounds like a dream come true!! Or a nightmare!...can't decide which. Reminds me of Congenital Analgia in a way. You don't know when you should stop.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congenital_analgia

Well, since all things

Well, since all things average out, I think I make plenty for both myself and Dean.

He said lactic acid, not gas. Hee.

Yeah, all the lactic acid

Yeah, all the lactic acid they make actually just gos to my pecs. I do like 10 pushups and I'm sore for a week. The really dumb thing is I'm not even tired after 10 pushups, its no exertion at all, but somehow I'm super sore the next day. Oh well, at least none of my other muscles do that. And who wants to be on the olympic team anyways? They only run road marathons.

And I used to run for an hour to meet up with my cross-country team, but I only ran back home once, because its too hot after practice. Not that that compares at all, haha, I just ran the 5 miles to practice super slow. Too bad he doesn't take better care of himself though.