Born to Run the Movie

Shacky, i totally hear what

Shacky, i totally hear what you are saying. I say him speak last year, and someone asked him about the movie as well, he said he had no idea, and there will be never be a movie. He also kind of bashed Bareoot Ted during his speech. The book was good, but i am not a fan of Mcdougall at all. Born to Run is hugely fabricated anyways.

If they dont cast Micah True to play himself that will be bogus.

Barefoot Gentile wrote:Born

Barefoot Gentile said:
Born to Run is hugely fabricated anyways.

I always say: Why would you ever ruin a good story with the truth?

I'm just reading Born to Run now, and I think it's a fantastic piece of literature. I don't really care how much is truth and how much is fiction. It's got fanstastic characters, great events and it's superbly written. And I'm sure it would make a great movie.

However, I'll start applauding once it actually hits the cinemas. I've seen a lot of exciting books optioned, sometimes even go into development phases, only to fizzle out again and never get made.

Show business corrupts.  Show

Show business corrupts. Show business contractual negotiations corrupt absolutely. Sometimes a good story squirts out from under the ton of bricks of "creative input" and a good movie is born. It doesn't happen all that often and precious rarely to any story I actually care about. Still, hope springs eternal.

I have a hunch that is going

I have a hunch that is going to head down the same path Fast Food Nation did. Wonderful book, horrible movie. Sorry Joseph, I have no hope... :((

Barefoot Gentile wrote:If

Barefoot Gentile said:
If they dont cast Micah True to play himself that will be bogus.
Hmmmm. I can't even imagine the real Micah True WANTING to play himself in a movie. Just doesn't seem like his style. Unless in reality he's an egotistical-attention-getter. :)

And I'm sure McDougal had to sign some sort of NDA if they approached him about making the movie.

At any rate, I would probably go see it even if it was bad. That being said... I've never read a book where the movie surpasses it. It just doesn't happen. Ever.

Ditto.  My imagination is

Ditto. My imagination is better than a director's imagination.