Boots

jldeleon

Barefooters
Apr 9, 2011
Oregon
Went to a Pirate Ball last night. Wore boots with one inch high, flat heels. First time I've worn "real shoes" in, I can't remember. Within 20 minutes, my mid-back, upper back, neck and head were KILLING me. The next day, I had about 10 trigger points in my feet, ankles and lower legs. I kicked them off and left them under the table. Permanently.

Reactions: Sid
You think you got problems, check this out...

Hiking Boots.jpg

These are my hiking boots. Like a lot of folks, when I have to carry them, I tie the laces of both boots together, like you see here. Something I recently learned: When you're in a low-light situation, or if you catch this out of the corner of your eye, or if you're just not paying attention, that knot looks like a big hairy-ass spider. Fortunately, logic and reason took over in time, preventing me the embarrassment of explaining why there are bullet holes in my boots...

You think you got problems, check this out...

View attachment 1218

These are my hiking boots. Like a lot of folks, when I have to carry them, I tie the laces of both boots together, like you see here. Something I recently learned: When you're in a low-light situation, or if you catch this out of the corner of your eye, or if you're just not paying attention, that knot looks like a big hairy-ass spider. Fortunately, logic and reason took over in time, preventing me the embarrassment of explaining why there are bullet holes in my boots...
I thought that was a big hairy ass spider too at first.... Yiiiiiccccckkkkkk.....

Reactions: jldeleon
Funny, I wore these to a wedding with plans to kick them off the first minute we were inside. An hour dancing later, my feet still did not hurt. Probably from all the strengthening of barefooting. I know these are bad, but 2 times a year is my equivalent of eating cake. Also Adam is 6'7". He appreciates the shoes.

001.JPG

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 4
I sometimes struggle in low heels. I wear high heels often (yes, I know that makes me freaky round here!) & have no problems, my (probably highly unscientific) theory is that in high heels your foot's at a similar position to the final moment before it leaves the ground as you run, which it needs to be strong for. Certainly the strengthening from BFing helps - when I lost one heel from a pair of boots no-one noticed until I pointed it out as there was no noticable change in my walk (I was the office entertainment that day)!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts