blog posts -- a tech issue, and making them better

Hello folks,

Just an opionated grumpy moderator today. But really, I am dying to hear what you have to say on the topic of Barefoot or Minimalist Running or Anything Even Vaguely Related. But can you take a bit more care when making blog posts?

1) Try not to make multiple identical posts. I am not sure if this is a "human issue" or a "site issue," but recently multiple copies of the same exact post are showing up in the system. This means that people like me have to manually delete them, and/or any discussion of your topic gets spread out over multiple files. So after you "preview" and "save" your post, make sure you refresh the site to see if it has appeared where you expect.

2) Try not to make a post that merely says, "go look at my blog on some other site." There is a place in your user profile to put your external blog address-- please use it. If you are writing a blog post here at the BRS site, try to provide some actual content. If in the course of that you say something like "more details at my blog, go to this link" that's fine. But I feel you need to give us enough to react to right here on the site.

Thank you!!

People are probably hitting

People are probably hitting the save button multiple times when they mistake a delay for an error. Should be able to disable multiple clicks with some simple javascript.

Some simple javascript is not

Some simple javascript is not a simple as you may think. It requires know-how, creation, testing, and implementation. Until more people with skills step up, it's not as simple as it seems. Again, the BRS is a 100% voluntary effort, no one is paid a salary. Any income brought in by ads goes directly to the site for improvements as needed, remember Black Thursday.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts