BFRunner Joins BRS in Late May, Shatters PR Pace in 3'rd place Finish!

Longboard

Chapter Presidents
May 13, 2010
It must be the BRS!

O.K, so maybe it was just in gender/age group, but still!

Well, I suppose 2 mile races don't really count, especially if they are listed as "fun walk/runs" even if they ARE associated with
a USATF 10K.

All right, so maybe there were only ten old men age 55-59 that bothered to show up .

My real pride came from my personal wrist watch time of 18:16, they used the D chip (velcroed to my ankle) for the finish, but the gun for the start. I was at the back of the pack in the line up, so my "official" time was 18:34.
I'm happy, my goal for the 2 mile after the GR 5K (my first ever race) was 19:59
Had I known that lining up in front and putting on some speed at the end would have put me in first, I would have done it for the BFR community.
Being old and running short distance fun runs has it's advantages if placement is the goal.

I finally understand this AW thing. At Fifth/Third, I used my Feelmax Panka's to shelter me from the 35 degree wet windchill.
Today was of course barefoot conditions, and I'm not really used to being the center of attention at athletic events.
It was fun!
Walking around before and after the race barefoot w/bib is one thing, but once the D-Tag is ankle strapped in place, there's no doubt in other runner's minds.
This season will be easy and fun for barefoot runners, just as many people knew that it's the new best thing as thought I was out of my mind.
Still, despite Vibrams galore, I saw not one other barefooter.
The stats:
854 runners in the 10K, 555 in the 2 mile. I saw at least a half dozen VFFers, but no other barefooters.

Fun always counts, man! I

Fun always counts, man! I enjoyed the RR :D

Longboard wrote:I finally

Longboard said:
I finally understand this AW thing...

Welcome to the AW pack, Board. Glad you get it. Hee.

Longboard said:
...just as many people knew that it's the new best thing as thought I was out of my mind.

The tide is changing...

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts