BFR article in local paper (Nebraska-Omaha)

Discussion in 'Barefoot & Minimalist Running' started by Go_Blue, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Go_Blue

Go_Blue Chapter Presidents
    1. Nebraska -...
    2. Nebraska -...

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120716/LIVEWELL02/707169999/1161#shoeless-and-running-free

After a month and a half, it finally came out. Overall I think both the video reporter and the journalist doing the written article were genuinely interested in BFR, and wanted to represent it well. They asked some good questions during my interviews, and for the most part I think it offers a positive message about BFR to local audiences while emphasizing safety. The only thing I'd critique is the selection of video "stride demonstration" of me explaining heel striking, which was paired with audio that was about BFR form. Oh well. That, and apparently humans have "evolved" to wear running shoes in the last 30 years. LOL.

Big thanks to clmcap21 and Everglade for coming out and being featured in the article/photos! :)

Bare Lee likes this.
  2. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad

Just got that in my Google Alerts, Blue. Thanks for representing BRS and BFR. Pretty darn cool! :barefoot: Hey! I just noticed your avatar looks like the barefoot smiley. Hee!

3. Longboard

Longboard Chapter Presidents
    1. Michigan

Uh.... Doctor G: Is this evidence-based or something your grandmother taught your mom?

Robert Greenhagen, a podiatrist at the Foot and Ankle Center of Nebraska, over a year has treated half a dozen people who moved toward minimalist running. Barefoot runners are more susceptible to stress fractures, tendonitis, tight calves and puncture wounds from jagged shards stuck in the cement or uneven gravel.

Barefoot TJ and Bare Lee like this.
  4. Bare Lee

Bare Lee Chapter Presidents
    1. Minnesota
    2. Presidents

"Humans, she said, have evolved to move more comfortably in footwear." That really is hysterical. With doctors like that, who needs quacks?

Barefoot TJ likes this.
  5. PatrickGSR94

PatrickGSR94 Barefooters
    1. Tennessee

hmm yeah 6 people, and how many other people has he treated in the last year for things like bunions, hammer toes, and other ailments caused by shoes HMMMMM???????????

Barefoot TJ, dutchie53 and Bare Lee like this.