BF-friendly town award?

BFwillie_g

Barefooters
May 17, 2010
Kulmbach, Germany
Hey,

I was just daydreaming into my morning coffee and thought it would be an idea (for the future), for the BRS to present a Barefoot Lifesytle and Running Award to towns that are extra BF-friendly. I have no suggestion of how to organize something like this, but I wanted to toss it out there before I wake up and forget...

Have a great day all! We've got company from the US and are going to be busy doing the tour-guide thing for the next 10 days or so. Not much online time for me. Which is not really a bad thing.

If you want to take on this

If you want to take on this new project, Willie, you just let us know, and I'll help you get started. Right now, I'm stuffed.

Well, I really did mean it as

Well, I really did mean it as something for the future, perhaps quite a distant future, after the BRS is well-established and public.

The idea of an "award" was just the first thought to wander through my mind, but another variation would be a kind of rating system based on criteria like cleanliness and road condition, access to off-road paths, races, weather, general attitude toward BFers by the residents, average price of a pitcher of beer, and I don't know what else.

Originally, I was going to post a thread asking for suggestions on especially BF-friendly towns/cities/regions. And then the thought morphed into the one I posted...

As far as me organizing it, well, I oculd do it, but most of you probably couldn't pronounce the names of the towns I'd elect. Windischenhaig, Katschenreuth, Sachsenmuehle... lol.