BF Accessories?

Here's my anklets. They help hold up the back strap on my sandals. So sexy, a hoka runner was playing footsie with me after the run. Show's that "yes, we can get along".
181296_3479304055193_929969279_n.jpg

Yes, calf sleeves. Could be a good thread topic. Those that wear them - Do they help? I would think they get too stuffy during running and probably not tight enough for recovery after. I usually wrap my calves after a hard effort with ace bandages. Or, just an accessory for looks like Pon said?

Yes, calf sleeves. Could be a good thread topic. Those that wear them - Do they help? I would think they get too stuffy during running and probably not tight enough for recovery after. I usually wrap my calves after a hard effort with ace bandages. Or, just an accessory for looks like Pon said?
I know there's lots of people who swear by calf sleeves, but me personally I hurt much more during and after a run when wearing them during a run. I no longer wear them except occasionally when I go to bed if I've had an exceptionally hard run that day. Mine are fashionably blue and match most of my running shirts though. ;)

Reactions: Bare Lee
In that case I think I'll paint moss.

Speaking of moss. This is an awesome picture of Greginator's bare feet after a good barefoot run. It reminds me of moss. I think it looks so cool. It says a lot about barefoot running without having to say a word.

MossyFeet.jpg

Here's my anklets. They help hold up the back strap on my sandals. So sexy, a hoka runner was playing footsie with me after the run. Show's that "yes, we can get along".
181296_3479304055193_929969279_n.jpg

Furry legs.

How do you know when it is necessary. If you did know wouldn't that make you want to stay safe at home? I think I'll start using that statement when I go on group bike rides and way to damn many people ask me: "where's your helmet". I hate that!:mad:
I usually run on my own property and am in no danger of cars. Or in the valley, where everyone knows me as the crazy barefoot guy so there is no need to wear an ID. I have started to put in more pavement miles in the cities training for a marathon and the other day I thought it might be a good idea for the reflective strips on the band. The other time I wear the Road ID is in races to affix a timing chip.
As for a helmet, I know what you mean. I am a skier and refuse to wear one. Many ski patrols are now requiring their patrollers to wear one and I just put in my last year before having to face this decision. I believe they give people a false sense of security and encourage risky behavior. My own observation, no links or studies to prove this. My kids all wear helmets when skiing to ease my wife's mind, but I try to tell her a helmet will provide some protection against concussion but not against a broken neck.
Hope this clarifies things a little. I thought it was a fun post about accessories, not a debate on safety.

They really slow my pace down, but I'm not breaking out the razor any time soon.
Same here.....I wouldn't want to dull a perfectly good razor on my leg jungle

Gotta a hemp anklet and a silver toe ring now. Don't know how it looks, but I feel slightly uncomfortable. The neighbor gave me a look. He's used to me hanging out with him barefoot, but now he probably thinks I'm going through a midlife crisis. Can a tattoo of a cute dolphin be far behind? Little does he know I'm doing this with ritual purpose, not part of a fad at all ;) .

OK, off to resist gravity a bit now.

Reactions: NickW