best beginner huaraches?

scedastic

Barefooters
Oct 7, 2011
for when I need shoes, to go out and about, maybe to wear for teaching, to run every now and again in them when I feel like I need them. I don't have plans to do lots and lots of running in them, as I'll be bf whenever I can.
Ideally, I'd be able to slip them on/off easily, and they wouldn't chafe my skin (it takes a while to get used to straps on my toes).
Never had a pair before, and never been much of a sandal wearer, but can't imagine wearing stuff that covers the top of my feet in the summer.

I also have a pair of Invisible Shoes. Best $25 I've spent on footwear. I looked at Luna Sandals but I couldn't justify the expense and Steve, the owner of Invisible Shoes is a great guy.

i prefer my lunas. i do own IS as well. i have all three laces and find hemp works best but for casual and dressy the equus laces work great.

I have the Invisble Shoes as well as Lunas. I hate the Invisible Shoes. The laces bothered my skin horribly bad and no matter how tightly I tightened the laces the dang sandle kept flapping. My Lunas don't do this, but unlike Mike I like the leather laces more than the hemp laces. I also have a homemade pair of huaraches which I like the best out of all of them that I have and they have the leather laces on them right now.

Your IS flap Nick? Maybe the toe hole is off? I haven't had any issues with flapping since I made the straps tighter. The laces are brutal though. I'm still recovering from a 6 mile run in the rain. Normally I wear socks when my skin is going to get soft. I paid the price for sure.

79f0ac0230e003274a7aaf33513167dc.jpg

Well, maybe easiest to adjust are runbrancas. In my opinion luna sandals are bit hard to adjust, sometimes they work and sometimes not.. Or I might be wrong kind of person for them, I absolutely hate stopping when I'm running, so I might easily run several kilometers with stuff in shoe.. So, if I feel laces chafing a bit, I'll just ignore it for a while. Then perhaps adjust, and if it were not succesful adjusting, I still run a bit more, because I came to run not adjust stuff! That approach is kinda uncomfortable and eventually it will not be even possible to adjust laces so that it doesn't hurt. So, vivobarefoot alexanders are best minimalist running sandals that I have tried. I modified mine so that there's nothing blocking toe movement on either side, originally they are not the widest.. I bought one size smaller than normal (so that the toes would be front of front strap), then cut with scissors the toe bumber away.

My IS are the 4mm Connect or whatever they're called and they flap horribly bad against the bottom of my foot. Annoying as hell if you ask me. The only way the flapping gets any better (can't make the flapping stop) is if I tighten the crap out of the laces, and their laces make my feet look like that picture up above. Ouch. My homemade huaraches are the same thickness as IS at 4mm, but this is with a leather upper that is super comfy and conforms to my foot. I also just put my old shoe laces back on these and they are amazing. The shoe laces stretch a bit more when wet but they don't cause me to have toe or foot pain like the other styles of laces do. The leather laces just went onto my Lunas because I can't stand the hemp laces when they get wet. They tighten up too much.

Agnesd, I have two pairs of Unshoes. The Wokova and the Feather. Love everything about them. I will be picking up a pair of Pah Tempes today. I'll give updates later.
Rick

Glad to hear you like them. I would have gotten the feather because I want more ground feel, but I had a problem with the string between the toes on my invisible shoes. No matter how I adjusted the tying, I had trouble. I had to switch to a no-toe tying method. Thus I opted for the Pah Tempes first. If I like them, I'll probably give the Feather or Wokova a try. The more I hear about them, the more excited I am to get them. I was never a shoe lover until I started running - now look at me. =)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts