Bedrock Sandals

saypay45

Chapter Presidents
May 24, 2010
I've been talking to these guys for a few months. They are trying to start up a huarache company using Kickstarter. Their sandals look pretty cool. They use a 6mm Vibram nubby material would probably work great for trails, and then a strap with a toggle to secure the sandal to your foot, kind of like an Unshoe.

Anyway, here's their link. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/danopz/bedrock-sandals

They are looking to sell $2500 worth of product by July 8th in order to get funding for their company. Here's a picture of the sandals. I'll be doing a test and review in the next few weeks as well.

sandalpair2.jpg

Those look awesome...love

Those look awesome...love them. Great price too. Hmmm....I may have to get some. Great for summer casual wear too.

So I do want to point out

So I do want to point out they will not actually be taking money & sending sandals unless $2500 is pledged. So if you pledge it, you won't pay or get the sandals until July. Looks like their deadline is 7/6.

That's right C. Beth,

That's right C. Beth, although if they make their deadline early then they get funding early and may get your sandals out earlier. I expect that they will since the site has only been up two days and is already over halfway to their goal.

I'm really tempted. SP when

I'm really tempted. SP when do you think your review will be ready? Will it be before their July 8th deadline ?

I am interested so get to the

I am interested so get to the review as quick as you can saypay...waiting?

saypay45 wrote:That's right

saypay45 said:
That's right C. Beth, although if they make their deadline early then they get funding early and may get your sandals out earlier. I expect that they will since the site has only been up two days and is already over halfway to their goal.

Are you sure? On the pledge page it says, "You can change or cancel your pledge anytime before Wednesday Jul 6, 10:04am EDT" and "If this project is fully funded on Wednesday Jul 6, 10:04am EDT your credit card will be charged along with all the other backers of this project." So I was figuring even if it's funded early, they won't take the money until 7/6...?

I'm definitely thinking about getting some.... They look so cool. But I know I'll also be buying ZEM H2Os next month and I don't know if I want to spend that much on shoes in one month...but I sure could use some great minimalist sandals this summer. Decisions, decisions!!

C. Beth Run. wrote:saypay45

C. Beth Run. said:
saypay45 said:

Are you sure? On the pledge page it says, "You can change or cancel your pledge anytime before Wednesday Jul 6, 10:04am EDT" and "If this project is fully funded on Wednesday Jul 6, 10:04am EDT your credit card will be charged along with all the other backers of this project." So I was figuring even if it's funded early, they won't take the money until 7/6...?

I'm definitely thinking about getting some.... They look so cool. But I know I'll also be buying ZEM H2Os next month and I don't know if I want to spend that much on shoes in one month...but I sure could use some great minimalist sandals this summer. Decisions, decisions!!

I'm not sure where saypay gets his info from. I would be more inclined to believe the bedrock creators rather then someone on a internet forum. Bedrock already addressed this question on their kickstarter "updates" page -
Over the past few days, several backers have asked us when to expect sandals in the mail. Bedrock Sandals will officially be funded on July 6th. Kickstarter staff says to expect to wait up to 14 days to actually receive funds. The day we get the money we'll place our materials order and start building sandals for you all. Nick and I expect to send out sandals in late July/early August via priority mail. We are working hard to make sure sandals get delivered in time for at least part of the summer.
On July 6th we will send out a survey to each backer to gather custom sandal information like sizing and strapping color.

Note that you can already buy 6mm trail nubby on your own via Luna as a kit, or just buy the trail nubby itself. Then use whatever lace you want. So really no need to wait for July. Bedrock has already reached the funding goal, but now they have to wait on the kickstarter red tape.

Hey shock,  I communicate

Hey shock, I communicate with the folks at Bedrock on a daily basis. I'm not just someone on a forum. I've worked with them for months.

They have material available and they are sending sandals out. I have three pairs, and I know several people who also have them. So it's possible to get them before July 8th. Does that mean you can get some? Who knows. They have over 200 orders right now, so I doubt it.

Maybe your 2nd post on the forum can be something other than accusing me of not knowing what I'm talking about. Sorry about the sarcasm, but use a little decorum with your first post ever on this site. As if I just make this stuff up. Come on man...