Bedrock sandals

Bill B

Barefooters
Dec 28, 2012
Alberta, Canada
I purchased a pair of Earthquake 2.0 sandals. Not for running, just for occasional summer wear. Anyone have any experience with them? Good, bad? I will post some info when I get them.

I bought a pair back before my running days many years ago (3 or 4) - it was when I lived in Hawaii and wanted a good minimalistic sandal to walk around in. I'm a huge fan of them. I dug them up this summer after I learned to run and they have been a pleasure to run in. When I don't go barefoot I love running in them.

I was even recognized once by a friend of the maker of the sandals - pretty cool to have such a niche product and meet someone who knows the owner of the company. I would buy another pair if my 1.0 pair wears out.

Reactions: Bill B
had a pair from the kickstarter. loved them. eventually (after hundreds of miles running) the sole broke at the strap-hole and i replaced them with a new pair of earthquakes (this would be back in 2013?). haven't been much of a runner since 2012, but I wear them CONSTANTLY and they still haven't died on me (the straps are starting to wear at the strap-holes in the sole). I would wear them to work if they would let me. if you live in areas with winter, get a pair of their ninja socks. they work great. :) I did a couple of reviews a few years back on my blog (which I haven't written at in a long time, but it's still there). Hopefully you got a custom sole? I found the "standard" cuts to be not as great as the custom cuts. I am due for some new straps or maybe an entire new pair next spring, depending on if I follow through with plans to begin running again over the winter. ;)