Beavercreek cancer survivor runs 100+ miles [minimalist] to raise money – Here's how he did it

RandyKreill.png
Beavercreek cancer survivor runs 100+ miles to raise money – Here's how he did it | WDTN.com
By WDTN.com

EAVERCREEK, Ohio (WDTN) – In 2004, Beavercreek father, Randy Kreill, was diagnosed with an aggressive form of thyroid cancer. He was 42-years old at the time and was determined to take his health into his own hands.

“Instead of being fearful of something I didn’t want, I flipped to complete focus of something I did want, which was positive,” he explained.

Kreill discovered and read “Born to Run” a book detailing how the Tarahumara Indians used a plant-based diet and barefoot running-based lifestyle to stay healthy and whole.

Over the last decade, Kreill has changed his lifestyle and started running “ultra-marathons.” Ultra-marathons are any distance farther than 31 miles and he has run more than 71 in the last ten years. Some of these marathons were more than 100 miles long.

Kreill credits his positive thinking, plant-based diet and minimalist “barefoot-inspired” sandals for his success.

To continue reading, please visit:

Beavercreek cancer survivor runs 100+ miles to raise money – Here's how he did it | WDTN.com
WDTN.com
Kreill discovered and read “Born to Run” a book detailing how the Tarahumara Indians used a plant-based diet and barefoot running-based lifestyle to stay ...

Beavercreek cancer survivor runs over 100 miles to raise money for Foodbank, NAACP. This
BollyInside
Kreill discovered and read “Born to Run” a book detailing how the Tarahumara Indians used a plant-based diet and barefoot running based lifestyle to stay ...