Barzzzz Open, and drinks are on the house! I'm celebrating

barefoot.zumba.runner

Barefooters
Apr 3, 2010
Not only did I dance my ass off today at two sweet Zumba demo gigs today, I am celebrating 1/2 miles worth of barefoot run!!! And a full day of absolutely no shoes, the kids and I were barefoot all day, even amidst the downtown festivities we were partaking in. Oh wait, take that back, did have my dance sneaks on while on the stage...and my feet were burning through the rubber soles...damn hot!

Cheers all!!

Nate, thinking of you buddy...you'll be back soon too. Hang in there, in the mean time, we'll just get you nice and liquored up so you can't tell the difference between your ass and a hole in the ground. :party:

I think I will have a hard

I think I will have a hard lemonade on ice with you, Zum. Congrats on getting back into BFR...safely this time. Please keep us informed as you progress.

Today is our 10th Wedding Anniversary. We were going on a train excursion, but it is thundering with lightning in Blue Ridge, where the train departs, so we decided to go next week. I told my 7 year old that his mommy and daddy have been married for 10 years now. He said, "Does this mean we are all going to dinner tonight?" Ha, sweet. So, yes, WE ALL went to dinner tonight, and I got roses.

I reminded my hubby that 10 year gifts are tin and aluminum (think metal), so he said he would by the tail of an airplane kit he wants to build and dedicate the tail to me. I was thinking more along the lines of jewelry. We'll see.

Barefoot TJ wrote:I reminded

Barefoot TJ said:
I reminded my hubby that 10 year gifts are tin and aluminum (think metal), so he said he would by the tail of an airplane kit he wants to build and dedicate the tail to me.

Roses, jewelry, dinner out, 10 years,.....let's talk about what's REALLY important!

Is it an RV series, as in Van's aircraft? A Zenair? Maybe a Sonex?

My money's riding on an RV7, possibly an RV8. Is that it?

The quick-build tail section?

Tell him I'll come and help buck rivets while you run.

My son will even "baby" sit the boys while you run if it's all in the name of putting together a homebuilt.

He's just GOT to stop by our tent compound at OSH.

BTW, there is a RUN on the last SAT of July on the taxiway surrounding the "North Forty"

sponsored by the Oshkosh YMCA. I'm thinking about it!

First, why are you trying to

First, why are you trying to get rid of me? Why must I go for a run? It's not me you like; it's my hubby, isn't it?

Yes, if they have a run there, you MUST do it BAREFOOT, of course. Did you see the homepage of the Oshkosh fly-in or whatever it's called? It shows a picture of the Delta DC-3, yet she won't even be there. Sad. What could have been; what should have been.

Cheers Zumba, I'll have a few

Cheers Zumba, I'll have a few beers with ya tonight.

Happy Anniversary TJ, we are celebrating our 10th in a couple of months too.

I'm making a rope to climb in the morning, should be fun.

Barefoot TJ wrote:Yes, if

Barefoot TJ said:
Yes, if they have a run there, you MUST do it BAREFOOT, of course.

I've been known as "That Barefoot Guy" at Oshkosh EAA Airventure since 1990, why change now?

Besides, in the past twenty years I've only run shod once, and that was in Feelmax Pankas in Grand Rapids this past May.

I'm making a rope to climb in

I'm making a rope to climb in the morning, should be fun. Huh? What?

Did I read that right?

Did I read that right?

I gotta lay off the booze

I gotta lay off the booze now.

No you are reading right. I

No you are reading right. I plan to tie the rope in a tree at a park then I can mix up my morning runs a bit. It is very tedious work making a large rope out of 9 individual ones.

Barefoot TJ wrote:I reminded

Barefoot TJ said:
I reminded my hubby that 10 year gifts are tin and aluminum (think metal), so he said he would by the tail of an airplane kit he wants to build and dedicate the tail to me. I was thinking more along the lines of jewelry. We'll see.

Haha TJ, how incredibly romantic! Happy Anniversary :) I'll be good this time, promise. I don't think I could go another 6 weeks without running ever again! I miss it so. How is your transition back coming along?

Did you get your rope made Abide? What kind of rope do you use? Dh has been talking about making a climbing rope, any tips?

'nuther round guys?

No it's not done yet, it's

No it's not done yet, it's taking forever. I only have about 4 feet to go though. I bought two 100' 3/8" ropes from home depot and then 15' of a 1/2" rope, it was about $25 for all of it.

Yes it is exactly like in elemntary school, which was the last time I actually climbed one :)

I plan on incorporating the rope to scout out any female joggers in the park. Then chase after them like in the other post. I'm not really sure why all the women think this would be weird? I mean a strange dude, barefoot in a loin cloth, climbing trees and chasing after you. Seems pretty close minded haha.

Don't they already make ropes

Don't they already make ropes you could use to climb trees with? Or do you get some sort of manly satisfaction from making your own. Ha, teasing.

Congrats on the BF run and

Congrats on the BF run and getting back there.

10 years!!!! That's amazing.

[Edit - okay need to check the wine! Thought for a moment I had accidentally posted 4 times!]

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts