Barefooting is bad for you

"Hey guys, I run fast and haven't done any reading or research, barefoot running would ruin my body." This irritates me. Almost as good as the guy talking about stepping on needles. I used to go to raves next to drug houses in Detroit and I didn't even see needles lying around there. Where are these people located that find all of this broken glass and needles lying around?

I just don't understand how people can post things in such a public way when they have no idea what they are talking about.

"Where are these people located that find all of this broken glass and needles lying around?

I do find the occasional glass in my neighborhood. Usually it's after collection day, and a bottle or jar got dropped. I usually see those and steer clear. The tiny 2-3mm splinters that I can't see are the ones that sometimes end up in my feet, that I have to dig around with a pair of tweezers and pluck out. Not fun. Still, the streets are better than the uneven sidewalks with twigs and pebbles.

"Hey guys, I run fast and haven't done any reading or research, barefoot running would ruin my body."
I sometimes point out to the incredulous that my dog isn't wearing shoes either. Apparently, we're the only members of the animal kingdom that needs shoes for our delicate feet.
I'm hopeful that the transition to barefoot running and min-shoes for work, will help me avoid the surgery that several older ladies at work have needed (although, I don't know their specific circumstances).

A lot of Yahoo-type new stories are written by algorithms now. That may be why they all look the same. It's Fordism applied to journalism.

Algorithms or news corporations outsourcing to low wage semi-skilled workers to crank out drivel for mass consumption.

This American Life: Switcheroo "People pretending to be people they're not: sometimes it's harmless, sometimes it's harmful and sometimes it's hard to tell. From world-famous artists to mail-order brides to a practice that could change the face of American journalism."

Algorithms or news corporations outsourcing to low wage semi-skilled workers to crank out drivel for mass consumption.

This American Life: Switcheroo "People pretending to be people they're not: sometimes it's harmless, sometimes it's harmful and sometimes it's hard to tell. From world-famous artists to mail-order brides to a practice that could change the face of American journalism."

Good story. Wish more knew this is how news is not being generated.

I like the part that says that "Pre-human ancestors" went barefoot. It implies that if you are human, not pre-human, you wear shoes.
In my opinion if we want people to know the truth, then we need to show them by entering more races. I hardly ever see anyone barefoot at a race.

Jim

Reactions: Tristan-OH and Sid
I swear this story came out a few months ago. It's about the same as one someone posted on this forum a few months ago.

As was mentioned, it's just an AP article that was re-published again by another local news outlet.