BareFooting BC Guy

BareFootBC

Barefooters
Feb 6, 2019
SouthEast British Columbia
Hi there,

Joined up back in January but resisted an intro due to an injury within days of joining. Been lurking while recovering- now that I’ve recovered its time to say Hi.

Started wearing 5 Toe shoes last year for hiking as blisters, aching, hot and tired feet, not to mention rolled ankles got old. It was pretty enlightening to discover going farther, faster, and more comfortably could come about from a shoe change. I feel kinda foolish now for my former belief that hiking boots with lots of ankle support was a necessity for the places I like to go. It’s been interesting to discover that the boots were more hindrance than help and that they created more limitations than possibilities. The 5 Toes simply encouraged me to explore more difficult terrain (mostly vertical) that created much trepidation whilst booted up. The faster drying time makes river/stream crossing less of an issue as well.

I’m looking forward to further exploration of being Barefoot on my jaunts (with a pair of 5 Toes as a backup when things get gnarly) this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
Welcome! Glad to have you join us! Sounds like you're coming along nicely with your barefoot journey, despite your shoddie injuries.

Welcome! Glad to have you join us! Sounds like you're coming along nicely with your barefoot journey, despite your shoddie injuries.

Thanks BFTJ,

I think I’m about 95% recovered. Still experience some swelling and a bit of ache but not enough to hinder me.

Going to be moving soon and my commute to work will be walking barefoot now (yay). I’d much rather walk a mile than drive 25 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Barefoot TJ

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts