Barefootin' off to Disneyworld

Disney banning barefooters

Disney banning barefooters has got me thinking. Is anyone here an ordained minister? If we were to start a barefoot church, could we then accuse them (and others) of religious discrimination?

Been discussed in the SBL for

Been discussed in the SBL for over ten years now.

The short answer?

NO!

Wait, I missed this. Didn't

Wait, I missed this. Didn't know you were headed south, bring back some of that warm when you come back. I'm freezin my ass off...you can leave it here in Rochester, I know how you like your cold. Weirdo :p

Make sure to load Clara up on cotton candy!

I'm an ordained minister.

I'm an ordained minister. But I don't know if that would hold up in court. :p

I ran the Disney full back in 2005, and while it was cool and all the course sort of sucked. If you're a Disney person (and I am), the total of maybe five miles that you run through the parks are awesome. But the rest of it is on access roads and it's heavily cambered (the slant because of the rainstorms). My knees were SHOT by the end. I would probably do another half or maybe one of the 15Ks, but I don't think I'd do the full again, BF or not.

I loved running Disney.

I loved running Disney. Sure some of the stretches were long in between but I thought they did a great job of making those less boring by putting characters on the course in those areas as well as having a long straight stretch where there were motivational and humorous signs ever 20 feet or so. All of that really helped to entertain me while I was out there. I also think the short trips through the parks make it more than worth it considering that small bit is far better than any race I've been a part of in terms of excitement and fun. I ran this year though so maybe it's changed some?

Just got back from my

Just got back from my vacation. Although they don't allow barefooting in any of the parks I was able to sneak in to Epcot and Magic Kingdom and barefoot for two whole days! It was fantastic! Here's proof of my adventure (all the manhole covers have a Mickey emblem on them...this one is at the entrance to the countries in Epcot).

After those first two days I was caught at the gate every time. I'm not sure why I got away with it for so long the first two days.

Glad you're back SP.  Did you

Glad you're back SP. Did you bring me my Mickey ears?

Like the tan lines?  They are

Like the tan lines? They are from one day wearing VFF Classics. Even after walking everywhere barefoot after the first day, I couldn't get rid of the stupid tan lines!

I thought there was something

I thought there was something freaky about those feet!

It must have been that

It must have been that stealth training. Too bad it wore off after two days.

Congrats on the new world record though!

I think barefooting is pretty

I think barefooting is pretty much stealth training anyways, haha, who else can move around totally silently? I think 2 days is probably going to be a long standing record.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS