#BarefootCrew5k

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Bjorn Foten, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Bjorn Foten

Bjorn Foten Chapter Presidents

Barefoot what? BarefootCrew5k! This Thursday, March the 25th, barefoot runners and walkers from all over the world are invited to join a 5k group barefoot run (or walk), with no purpose other than to share and celebrate the joys and benefits of going barefoot! Complete novices will line up (virtually) alongside seasoned pros and legends of the sport and everyone is welcome. If you'd like to join in, it's simple: choose a 5k route - it can be road, cross-country, beach, whatever - and then run or walk it COMPLETELY BAREFOOT any time on Thursday. Take some pictures/videos along the way and post them on Instagram using the hashtag #barefootcrew5k. Easy. So easy, in fact, that there's really no reason not to...

Big thanks to TheBarefootDaddy for creating this event. Click the link to follow him on Instagram and share his inspiring barefoot journey.

See you on Thursday!
    BjornFoten (you can click this one too)

Tedlet, Barefoot TJ and BF-Bulos like this.
  2. Tedlet

Tedlet Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

This is cool...:)
    Maybe we could replicate for IBRD..?
    just a thought.....;)

3. Bjorn Foten

4. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad

Anything you all want to do for IBRD is fine.

I've asked before and received no solid ideas (thanks to the 2 or 3 who commented) and no volunteers to organize it, so we're probably just going to have a "virtual" IBRD for this year like we did last year. I understand it's still difficult in some places around the world due to lock downs and virus variants popping up (we're told) to actually pull off get-togethers too.

I wanted to use this guy as our virtual mascot for 2021 on the tee shirt, but we need someone to create the artwork for the tee shirts (running out of time) to go with it. (The artwork basically has the name of the event, the date, and maybe the web address on it.)

CovidBarefootRunner_Small.png

We'll have to see how future years go, but with the lack of interest in the tee shirt contest, a source of revenue to keep the BRS going, and the lack of interest in events/planning, I'm not sure there will be an official organized event channeled through one source (like the BRS) for the future either. It may just come down to the First Sunday in May is designated as International Barefoot Running Day and that's it.

Added discussion to the Home Page.

5. Bjorn Foten

Hi TJ, when did the BRS first start promoting IBRD? Was it originally a BRS initiative? Thanks, B

6. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad

Yes, IBRD was created by the BRS. We bounced around the idea for a while over 10 years ago, then Paleo (Jamie) put it into action. We have always been the coordinating host for all IBRD events. This would be our 11th IBRD. I'm surprised you didn't know this: https://www.thebarefootrunners.org/threads/important-announcements.10683/#post-99277 (Check out this first post for more.)

7. Bjorn Foten

Thanks TJ. I thought that was the case, but it was a good few years before I joined, so I wanted to confirm the details with you.

Barefoot TJ likes this.