Barefoot Tricentennial (100 beers and 100 miles in 100 hours)... who's in?

I've been thinking about this for awhile now.

The goal: drink 100 beers (12 oz. cans or bottles, non-light beer, 5% alc./vol.) and run 100 barefoot miles in 100 hours.

Usually either the beer, mileage, or sleep is the major roadblock. Good runners can't drink that much; heavy drinkers can't run that much. Sleep is an obvious problem.

I say we develop a special BRS award for the feat. :)

I would be in but I can't

I would be in but I can't drink beer for some reason. If I could replace it with hard cider though I think I could manage it.

All that breaks down to is a

All that breaks down to is a marathon and a case a beer a day for 4 days, right? Sorry, but I'm not seeing the problem here.

Dude, that sounds friggin

Dude, that sounds friggin awesome! 100 beers is pretty steep, but then so is running 100 miles. Just think of all the drunken, belligerant fun that could be had trying to knock out this feat. Love it!

Is this a group aka org thing or are we solo here. I may need some time to work out the 100 mile thing.

I have trouble with century

I have trouble with century club (100 shots of beer in 100 minutes). 100 beers sounds crazy! But I'm in even though I can neither run or drink that much!

Maybe a new kind of race can

Maybe a new kind of race can be formed from this idea "Beerfoot triathlon" We need a third leg...maybe ride a unicycle every other mile.

Here you go Jason it appears

Here you go Jason it appears you could be involved in yet another group record. How about two in one year? Apparently it is rumored that someone has done this in 104 hours but nothing official as far as I see. Go to the link and scroll down to the The Bicentennial (100 beers, 100 miles, any order). http://www.beermile.com/faq.beer

I would be willing to volunteer for crewing and pacing you guys on this one.

Are we following Beermile

Are we following Beermile rules? 1 beer per mile? That's a little insane.

The guy that sole_foot speaks of did it by dividing his drinking into increments. So run 25, drink a case, sleep, repeat...or something similar.

I think id drive most

I think id drive most anywhere to take part in that. Also, 1 standard alc drink (1 beer or 1 shot of 80 proof alc) leaves your system every hour, so assuming you just drink 1 beer an hour you'd theoretically never get drunk.

And this is why barefoot

And this is why barefoot runners just have more fun. I would be down. A beer a mile. Would need plenty of potty breaks along the way though.

Wendy, can you do it for

Wendy, can you do it for 100miles with 100 beers in you??

This sounds insane Jason, love it! What's your game plan?

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test