Barefoot trail running during the pandemic

Barefoot trail running during the pandemic
By Visions of Asia

Long time no see... Sorry guys, 2020 has been a disastrous year in terms of physical fitness for me. Whereas, during 2019, I had grown my barefoot fitness to be able to run a semi-marathon, the constraints in terms of public health, but also some personal circumstances (my father had a stroke at the start of 2020 and was quite frequently hospitalized the whole year) made it rather disastrous for me.

Nevertheless, the arrival of the Pfizer vaccine in HK combined with the fact that the pandemic has almost no incidence now in the city allows slowly to resume competitions.

When I say competitions, it is a big word as I generally end... among the last. Nevertheless, good to push yourself from time to time. Barefooting did not take a back seat though, as I kept walking, hiking etc, barefoot. With all this, I am now nearing 4 years barefooting this November, another significant milestone.

Read more about that race: https://visionsofasia.asia/2021/09/03/barefoot-trail-running-during-the-pandemic/

Thank you, Asia! I'm so sorry about your dad. It's very heartbreaking when we see our parents who were our pillars through life unable to stand as they once had. Thank you for checking in with us and sharing your race report.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test