Barefoot Strong Blog: Primal Movement Patterns

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
Evidence Based Fitness Academy

This week's Barefoot Strong Blog post is all about primal movement patterns and why we need to lock them in with EBFA's foot to core sequencing!

1c6c6e7b-61d1-472e-9b00-097cddc342dd.jpg

From Primal to Bipedal: Why we must lock in our rolling and crawling with foot to core sequencing

Rolling and crawling are currently some of the hottest trends in fitness and corrective exercise programming. From Animal Flow to Original, health and fitness professionals are exploring the power of primal movement patterning for correcting movement dysfunction and achieving optimal function.

Why rolling and crawling are such powerful stabilization techniques is that they bring us back to our neurodevelopmental origins. Back when we were first introducing our nervous system to the demands of movement - millions of neuromuscular pathways were being developed.

These neurological pathways soon become the joint stability and coordination needed to sit upright, resist gravity and ultimately put one foot in front of the other.

Read the full article HERE: http://barefootstrongblog.com/2016/03/07/from-primal-to-bipedal-why-we-must-lock-in-our-rolling-and-crawling-with-foot-to-core-sequencing/

In the mean time, please connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter, as well as check out our latest blog, and sign up for our webinar!

Dr. Emily Splichal

Evidence Based Fitness Academy
d76cd5fb-c9e9-4dc6-b7f0-bd34f0435d4c.jpg

i have yet to listen, finals and national boards all week, but highly recommend it. Dr. Perry Nickelston and rolling patterns is a great practice. i do it nearly everyday. i do some crawling too. tougher than you think and great restorative exercises.

Last edited:
Reactions: Barefoot TJ

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts