Barefoot Shoes in Surrey or Hampshire

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by jsrunner, Jan 22, 2014.

1. jsrunner

jsrunner Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

I'm looking for stockists of barefoot shoes in Surrey or Hants so that I can try them out - I'm looking both for shoes I can wear for running (I've got Merrell Trail Gloves at the moment) and also shoes that I can wear to work so they need to look formalish

Can anyone help - I'm based near Guildford and working near Winchester at the moment

Thanks

Julian

2. Skartar

Skartar Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

Hi Julian,

For formal shoes try vivobarefoot.com. For 'barefoot' or minimalist running shoes, the interwebs are your friend... I've used Vibram FFs (not nice to my feet) and Inov8 Evoskins (love them!) Both are available on the usual suspect e-tailers. Or did you want to go into a shop and try something on?

Good luck,
    Simon.

3. Aranya

Aranya Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

Tracy at Barefoot Britain does shows sometimes, they're normally based in Brighton but may be out & about in the spring:
    http://barefootbritain.co.uk

Amit Baswal likes this.
  4. Anna T

Anna T Chapter Presidents
    1. United Kingdom
    2. Presidents

Hi Julian - you could try outfitgroup.co.uk - it's in Midhurst. Gareth, the owner, has Vibrams, Vivobarefoot, Inov8 and probably some other brands too. He's also a biomechanist so very knowledgeable and will help you choose the right ones for you.

Amit Baswal likes this.
  5. jsrunner

jsrunner Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

Wow - thanks for all the replies - yes I really need to try these on and just looking for somewher that will have some stock that I can try - Midhurst is looking like the nearest possibility at the moment

Cheers

Julian

6. LancasterArt

LancasterArt Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

I second going to Tracy's website at Barefoot Britain, especially as she stocks Sockwa which are the most minimal you can get to run in and are incredible. I've tried several brands of 'barefoot' shoe before finding them and would never look back.

Bare Lee likes this.
  7. jsrunner

jsrunner Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

Thanks - does Tracy actually have a shop in Brighton or is it all web based?

Cheers

J

8. Pigwig

Pigwig Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

Hi. I live in Farnham, Surrey and met up with Tracy at the Running Show. I think she's web based but she's really lovely and she'll defo help you out. I bought my Sockwa from her and they are excellent - I love them! Get in touch and see what she says...good luck!