Barefoot Running Sponsorship

When I started Barefoot Running University, one of my goals was to promote the advancement of barefoot racing. A major knock on barefoot running has always been speed and distance suffer. Even though I believe this is simply a myth, there aren't a lot of us that are really pushing the limits... yet.

I have this crazy idea. By mid-summer, I would like to form a "team" of barefoot runners. The idea is simple, BRU would provide limited sponsorships to anyone running barefoot races. Initially, I would limit this to runners competing in either long-distance events or high profile events. It would involve wearing a BRU/BRS shirt and having pictures taken during the race.

So... anyone planning on running any long races barefoot (marathon and above) OR anyone think they may be able to place in the top 25% at a larger race? If so, let me know (robillardj "at" gmail "dot" com.)

If this works out well, I would love to open this up to anyone running races barefoot regardless of skill level. My ultimate goal is to show that we ARE serious runners and we CAN be competitive.

You should contact Alex and

You should contact Alex and Julian Romero., two of the fastest barefoot RACERS out there. Julian joined the BRS recently. I'll send you Julian's email address.

Jason, I've e-mailed a

Jason, I've e-mailed a resposne to your post. Mail I send to GMail addresses sometimes doesn't make it, though, so get in touch if you don't recieve my message.

Alan

Same here Jason...an email is

Same here Jason...an email is on the way, and I have also had problems getting messages thru from yahoo to gmail. My daughter fights with the same issue on a regular basis.

You know, Jason, another

You know, Jason, another really fast barefoot runner is Mokie (Mokaman). He's mega fast. PM him about it.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts