Barefoot running in the rain is essential to do.

Notice how your cadence picks

Notice how your cadence picks up when you hear the crack of a lightning bolt?

I finally did my first rainy

I finally did my first rainy run today. The rain had stopped by the time I got out there, but a good part of the concrete trail was still wet, and there were lots of puddles. I wasn't going to go out, but I knew I needed to experience a wet surface and see how good my running form really was.

It was GREAT! I was out for about an hour, tried to stay on as much dry concrete as possible, but the wet sections and puddles were absolutely no issue. It was actually pretty fun. I can see why puddle stomping is so popular now. :) Feet looked and felt awesome by the end of the run, so I was pleasantly surprised and won't hesitate to go out there again in less than perfect conditions.

dmcchesney wrote:Holy cow I

dmcchesney said:
Holy cow I loved my run today! It was only 2 miles but it was pouring rain, thunderstorms, and flooding. Greatest combo ever! I am officially hooked on it.

Oh and when I was running by, this guy looked at me with the weirdest look ever, it was like he was watching bigfoot ride a unicorn while talking to santa. It cracked me up

Are you going to become some new twist on "Storm Chasers"??!! LOL!

Can't wait till I get to do this! I've gotten to run in some after rain wet roads and sprinklers, but not a full on Texas style huge drops down pour...sure sounds fun, though! I do lotion up my feet and try to run across our wood floors, but...not the same, right?

-Jonny

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts