Barefoot running in Belgium

Bart

Barefooters
May 21, 2023
Belgium
Hi,
I started running with my Border Collie in my mid-30s. I was a heel striker back then and after a year of running I started experiencing problems with plantar fasciitis. I was prescribed arch supports, which provided relief for several years. But then after a few years starting to have back issues, I began questioning what might be causing the problems and started exploring natural running and incorporating strength training.
Becoming a more mindful runner, I eventually decided to discard my arch supports and transitioned to running with Xero shoes.
I tried a few barefoot runs the last couple of weeks which (obviously) felt great and so that how I ended up here! :)

Anyone from Belgium present here?

Grtz,
Bart

Welcome, Bart!

We have a couple of Belgium Chapters here: https://www.thebarefootrunners.org/social-categories/chapters.113/ Unfortunately, they've been silent as of late, but if you post there someone might reply, and you could get some activity going.

Let us know how your barefoot runs go, and if you have any questions or need any advice, please feel free to ask! Enjoy your new found way of running. It's quite the experience!

Reactions: Bart
Welcome, Bart!

We have a couple of Belgium Chapters here: https://www.thebarefootrunners.org/social-categories/chapters.113/ Unfortunately, they've been silent as of late, but if you post there someone might reply, and you could get some activity going.

Let us know how your barefoot runs go, and if you have any questions or need any advice, please feel free to ask! Enjoy your new found way of running. It's quite the experience!
I did found the Belgium chapter yesterday and it is indeed not the most active one at the moment.
Haven’t posted myself there either but will definitely give it a shot!

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
Hi @Bart , I just joined the forum and run only BF or in huaraches. I found my way to the site a few days back. Let me know when and where you wanna run. I like small groups, low run and to spread the virus within the heavy soles community :chicken:

I did found the Belgium chapter yesterday and it is indeed not the most active one at the moment.
Haven’t posted myself there either but will definitely give it a shot!

Hi @Bart , I just joined the forum and run only BF or in huaraches. I found my way to the site a few days back. Let me know when and where you wanna run. I like small groups, low run and to spread the virus within the heavy soles community :chicken:

Wonderful! I hope you guys can get this chapter going again.

Welcome, Nico! Glad to have you here.

Reactions: Nicorun and Bart