Barefoot Running Clinic

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by jschwab, Jul 17, 2011.

1. jschwab

jschwab Barefooters
    1. Pennsylvania

Hi,

I am working on maybe pulling together a barefoot running clinic in Philly. I am looking at finding a POSE coach (because the only person who responded wanted a POSE method clinic). I'm in contact with one and maybe there is a possibility of getting one of the nearer BRS coaches to come hang out with us if I beg. Is there anyone here who is interested?

Janine

2. barefootbeth

barefootbeth Barefooters
    1. Pennsylvania

Would love it!

3. jschwab

jschwab Barefooters
    1. Pennsylvania

This is exciting. I hope it happens!

4. Lizc0002

Lizc0002 Barefooters
    1. Pennsylvania

Yes, depending on when it is scheduled for (I could not do during the week) I would love to attend a barefoot running workshop. I am continually frustrated by the fact that I have no idea if my form is good/bad/OK and would love to attend a workshop.

5. Hipstersazzles

Hipstersazzles Barefooters
    1. Pennsylvania

I would love to attend something like this! I get frustrated too!!

6. Hipstersazzles

Hipstersazzles Barefooters
    1. Pennsylvania

I would love to attend something like this! I get frustrated too!!

7. duane_s

duane_s Barefooters
    1. Pennsylvania

i'd be interested too, though i'm not a big fan of POSE. i've read sandler, dreyer, friel. anybody recommend any others?

8. jschwab

jschwab Barefooters
    1. Pennsylvania

I found a coach who is interested in barefoot running (more the VFF variety) who turned out to be my friend's coach (he's trying to qualify for the Olympic Trials). His focus is speed and biomechanics. He said he would do a free intro clinic and then we could see if we wanted to do something more extensive. He comes highly recommended - seems lika a smart, laid-back guy. What do you guys think? He's in Drexel Hill - would CC be an ideal location? Along Kelly?

9. Kirank

Kirank Barefooters
    1. Pennsylvania

Would definitely be interested in attending this!

10. Lizc0002

Lizc0002 Barefooters
    1. Pennsylvania

Sounds good, I would prefer it not to be "Pose" specifically either, although I would not, not attend if it was POSE, (if that makes any sense) I am more into the laid back approach, rather than a very prescribed "you must do it this way" method. Of course I have never been coached so what do I know, LOL

11. Joseph Kemp

Joseph Kemp Barefooters
    1. Pennsylvania

If it were to happen soon, I could include it in the article I'm putting together for Inside Magazine (Jewish Exponent).

Thanks!

12. sloutre

sloutre Barefooters
    1. Pennsylvania
    2. New Jersey
    3. France

Did you say "free intro clinic"?

Then I would come for sure if I'm in the area when it happens. I'm comfortable with my form right now and don't have that many specific questions but I'm sure I would learn tons of stuff. It would also be a great opportunity to meet other BRS PA members.

Janine, thanks for all your work in keeping this Chapter active. You rock!

13. fmagic

fmagic Chapter Presidents
    1. Pennsylvania
    2. California...
    3. Presidents

Center City would be tough for me, but possible on enough notice. I'm out in the suburbs (near Valley Forge). I would be very interested in a barefoot running clinic or even just finding a local coach who is familiar with barefoot running form.

14. Lizc0002

Lizc0002 Barefooters
    1. Pennsylvania

I agree, Center City is a hike for me as well, but I am hoping with enough notice I can work out a plan. I too am very interested in local barefoot coaches as I would love to have some. I am doing the University of Delaware barefoot running study so am hoping to pick their brains for who they might know when I go into the lab there. Will keep you all posted if I get any good leads. I am sure i can find a running coach, but i want specifically one that knows a lot about barefoot running.

15. phillipssrp

phillipssrp Barefooters
    1. Pennsylvania
    2. New Jersey

Definitely interested. CC would be great; hopefully sometime after Aug. 7

16. jschwab

jschwab Barefooters
    1. Pennsylvania

Another option is Delco - the coach is out there. I am thinking we are looking at 2 different events - this form coaching from a coach who like barefoot running and wears VFF's and wants to be more involve with the BF community, and then maybe later hosting a true barefooter who can speak to the bare bottom aspects of barefooting, who is not nescessarily a speed/form expert, but and inspiring member of the BF community. Hoping Angie or Jason or someone like that rolls through here at some point. Let me work on this first and we'll just be clear about what it is, and then I can work on an inspiring barefootin' fool for some other time.

Sound OK?

I hope my Dad still gets the Exponent so I can see that article. Due to my Dad's charitable interests, when I was a kid we got Ebony, the Latino magazine, and the Jewish Exponent, even though we were German/Irish Catholics.

17. Lizc0002

Lizc0002 Barefooters
    1. Pennsylvania

Sounds awesome, thanks for offering to arrange this!!

Liz